County Road 10 detour west of Elizabeth begins Sept. 7Published 11:38am Wednesday, September 1, 2010
DETROIT LAKES—Bridge painting work will require a detour for Otter Tail County Road 10 traffic west of Elizabeth beginning Sept. 7. The road will be closed at the Interstate 94 bridges while crews complete work on the underside of the bridges.recommend
Traffic will be detoured using Highway 59 and Otter Tail County Road 88 through Sept. 10.
The I-94 bridges over Otter Tail County Road 10 are the third of three locations where bridges are being repaired in the area. The preservation project will help protect the bridges from deterioration caused by natural elements.
The other bridges included in the project are the Highway 10 exit ramp to Otter Tail County Road 80 west of Perham and the Interstate 94 bridges over the Otter Tail Valley Railroad north of Fergus Falls.
During construction and road maintenance work, Mn/DOT urges drivers to:
• Check www.511mn.org or call 5-1-1 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
• Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
• Minimize distractions.
• Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
• Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
• Stay in one lane while driving through a work zone; don’t pass or change lanes unnecessarily.