Erhard chicken coop burns downPublished 11:16am Friday, May 13, 2011
A chicken coop in rural Erhard burned to the ground on Thursday, the sheriff’s office reported.
A fire at the small, metal-sided building at 21621 340th Street was reported shortly after 6 p.m. By the time the Pelican Rapids Fire Department arrived at the scene, the building was engulfed in flames. The blaze was put out, but the building and its contents were a total loss.
The owner of the coop was raising chicks in the structure, but the sheriff’s office did not report if any of the chicks survived.
The coop’s owner had been using heat lamps to help raise the chicks, and it is possible that the lamps started the fire.Tags: Erhard, fire