Dalton home destroyed by firePublished 10:55am Monday, June 6, 2011
No person was injured, but several pets were killed in a fire at a Dalton trailer home on Friday.
The Dalton Fire Department was called to the home at 102 Court St. at 3:20 p.m. Firefighters from Fergus Falls, Ashby and Underwood were called to assist fighting the blaze.
The fire was extinguished, but not before totally destroying the home. Firefighters believe the fire started close to the bathroom, likely the result of heat from a clothes dryer or hot water heater.
The sheriff’s office reports that several pets died in the fire.