Marie Roggenkamp / Daily Journal: Dalton firefighters, with the assistance of other area departments, put out a fire at a trailer home in Dalton Park Trailer Court in Dalton Friday afternoon. No one was home at the time of the fire, according to Dalton Rescue.

Archived Story

Dalton home destroyed by fire

Published 10:55am Monday, June 6, 2011

No person was injured, but several pets were killed in a fire at a Dalton trailer home on Friday.

The Dalton Fire Department was called to the home at 102 Court St. at 3:20 p.m. Firefighters from Fergus Falls, Ashby and Underwood were called to assist fighting the blaze.

The fire was extinguished, but not before totally destroying the home. Firefighters believe the fire started close to the bathroom, likely the result of heat from a clothes dryer or hot water heater.

The sheriff’s office reports that several pets died in the fire.

Editor's Picks

Kirkbride, council openness and communication discussed for Ward 3 [UPDATED]

Ward 3 incumbent Jay Cichosz and challenger Justin Arneson sparred in what was a more lively forum than the previous two. The two candidates discussed ... Read more

Ward 4 candidates debate future of FF [UPDATED]

While the noon Kiwanis club did not set up a forum for Ward 4, write-in candidate Rod Spidahl organized his own, and invited Ward 4 ... Read more

Hillcrest one of 30 top Christian boarding schools [UPDATED]

Being named as one of the top 30 Christian boarding schools in the U.S. is a “great affirmation” of Hillcrest Lutheran Academy’s programs, director of ... Read more

What’s Happening: Tricks or treats and lots to eat [UPDATED]

It is that time of year again — one of my personal favorites — Halloween. So what if sometimes I think I enjoy it more ... Read more