OTC board mtg May 17, 2011Published 2:55pm Friday, June 17, 2011
(First Publication June 17, 2011)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
May 17, 2011
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners at 9:34 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills
3. Authorized development of a Part Time Corrections Officer eligibility list for hiring additional part time Correction Officers as needed for security in the courtrooms.
4. Authorized the Sheriff to replace a vacant deputy position.
5. Approved the transfer the MCIT insurance dollars paid out for recent Sheriff’s Office vehicle damage from the General Fund to the Capital Budget.
6. Accepted Amendment No. 2 for FY2011 to the Remote Electronic Alcohol Monitoring (REAM) grant. The amendment increases the REAM grant dollars by $1,200.
7. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signature(s) to execute the Tax and Arbitrage Certificate contracts for the $10,475,000 General Obligation Disposal System Revenue Bonds, Series 2011.
8. Authorized the Recorder to hire a returning data entry person as a temporary, seasonal employee. The position is funded by the Technology Fund which is an appropriation of funds to build a complete record system.
9. Authorized the Coordinator’s office to advertise for temporary Van Transportation Drivers for the Veterans Service Transportation program.
10. Authorized Otter Tail County to be the Fiscal Agent for the City of Parkers Prairie SRTS grant application.
11. Reappointed Don Davenport to the Bois de Sioux Watershed District Board to represent Otter Tail County.
12. Approved six Conditional Use Permits.
13. Denied one Conditional Use Permit.
14. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No.2011-33. (Agency Agreement)
15. Approved notifying the DNR that the County Board is not encouraging the potential acquisition of properties for use as an Aquatic Management Area.
16. Authorized the Chair’s signature on the agreement with Bond Trust Services Corporation for paying agent, registrar, and transfer agent services related to the $10,475,000 General Obligation Disposal System Revenue Bonds.
17. Approved, with no waiting period, the following LG220 Applications for Exempt Permit:
• St. James Catholic Church for an event scheduled Sunday, July 17, 2011 at St. James Catholic Church located on County Highway 74
• Lake Region Hospital Foundation for an event scheduled Saturday, August 13, 2011 at Red Horse Ranch Arena located on County Highway 10
18. Approved seven Liquor Licenses.
19. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2011-32. (Tax Forfeited Land Sale)
20. Accepted Otter Tail County Ditch No. 37 Ditch Repair Review/Analysis dated May 16, 2011 from Houston Engineering, Inc.
21. Approved fund raising by the Otter Tail County Relay for Life Team. The motion also encouraged employees to look into a local fund raiser for our community institutions.
22. Adjourned at 12:43 pm.
WARRANTS APPROVED ON 5/17/2011 FOR PAYMENT 5/17/2011
VENDOR NAME AMOUNT
A’VIANDS LLC 6,751.41
AGGREGATE INDUST MIDWEST 2,108.36
AMERICAN WELDING & GAS INC 182.09
JORDAN ANDERSON 90.00
BRIAN ARMSTRONG 197.88
ARVIG COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS 200.00
ATCO INTERNATIONAL 270.00
AUTO VALUE FERGUS FALLS 24.57
SCOTT BACKSTROM 36.72
BANK OF THE WEST 70.66
BEYER BODY SHOP INC 646.63
BOBCAT OF OTTER TAIL COUNTY 23.32
BRANDON COMMUNICATIONS INC 1,057.65
CERTIFIED AUTO REPAIR 46.68
CHRISTENSEN CONSTRUCTION 15,669.24
CIT TECHNOLOGY FIN SERV INC 190.53
CO OP SERVICES INC 1,889.85
CODE 4 SERVICES LLC 1,028.23
CONCEPT CATERING 160.31
COOPERS TECHNOLOGY GROUP 295.67
CULLIGAN WATER COND 117.74
D & T VENTURES LLC 739.00
DACOTAH PAPER COMPANY 253.69
DALTON SPORTS AND REPAIR 12.00
DENZEL’S REGION WASTE INC 267.16
DESIGN ELECTRONICS 42.73
EAST OTTER TAIL FOCUS 91.50
VAN ELLIG 1,921.50
FARGO GLASS AND PAINT CO 468.08
FARMERS CO OP OIL ASSN 1,443.30
FARNAM TIRE CENTER 30.00
FARNAM’S GENUINE PARTS INC 403.61
FARNAM’S GENUINE PARTS INC PR 35.65
FERGUS FALLS DAILY JOURNAL 5,591.08
FERGUS POWER PUMP INC 450.00
FERGUS TIRE CENTER 743.56
MICHAEL FIEDLER 150.00
FSH COMMUNICATIONS LLC 64.13
GALLS AN ARAMARK COMPANY 107.83
GE CAPITAL (CA) 396.77
GOPHER STATE ONE CALL 35.45
HAWES SEPTIC TANK PUMPING 75.00
HEALTHCARE ENVIRONME. SERVI 29.10
HENNING AUTO PARTS INC 165.66
HENNING HARDWARE 123.71
SANDY HOLO 125.46
INDEPENDENT EMERGENCY SERV 64.22
INNOVATIVE OFFICE SOLUTIONS 646.67
KADRMAS LEE & JACKSON INC 18,336.37
LAKELAND MENTAL HEALTH CTR 246.00
LAKES AREA COOPERATIVE 855.37
LAKEWAY MARKET LLC 2,862.79
LARRY OTT INC TRUCK SERVICE 675.00
MARK AND BRENDA CONSTR.I 815.00
GEORGE MEYER 38.25
MN CO GIS ASSOCIATION 100.00
MN OFFICE OF ENTERPRISE TECH 1,200.00
MN SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION 50.00
KURT MORTENSON 45.39
NELSON AUTO CENTER 120.84
NESS BACKHOE SERVICE 120.00
NORTHERN STATES SUPPLY INC 411.92
O’REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC 228.30
OLSEN COMPANIES 232.93
OTTER TAIL CO EMPLOYEES COM. 795.58
OTTERTAIL AG SERVICE LLC 400.00
OTTERTAIL TRUCKING INC 7,414.00
OVERLAND MECHANICAL SERV 1,701.00
PAMIDA PHARMACY 4,678.52
PARK REGION CO OP 244.34
PETE’S AMOCO 665.05
PINE PLAZA TV APPLIANCE 121.77
PREMIUM WATERS INC 33.34
PRO AG FARMERS CO OP 1,643.85
PRODUCTIVE ALTERNATIVES INC 66.26
PROTECTION SYSTEMS INC 331.31
QUALITY TOYOTA 116.55
QUICK’S NAPA AUTO PARTS 95.03
RDO TRUCK CENTERS 229.59
RDO TRUST #80-6130 168.06
REED REINBOLD 59.40
REVIEW ENTERPRISES INC 66.15
SEEBA’S SHOP 50.00
SHULTZ & ASSOCIATES LTD 31,092.53
SIMPLEXGRINNELL LP 361.24
SOUTHTOWN OF PELICAN RAP IN 673.62
STANDARD PARTS OF WADENA 80.71
STEINS INC 2,703.73
STEVE’S SANITATION INC 46.80
STRAND HARDWARE & RADIO SHA 80.34
STRATEGIC EQUIPMENT AND SUP 528.72
SWINGSAFE MAILBOX SUPP LLC 4,291.00
TOSHIBA BUSINESS SOLUT. USA 70.80
ULTIMATE AUTO REPAIR-AUTO SA 474.61
VICTOR LUNDEEN COMPANY 650.23
VOSS LIGHTING 27.57
WALLWORK TRUCK CENTER 1,331.19
WASTE MANAGEMENT 10,940.83
WEETOWN OUTPOST 10.00
WENCK ASSOCIATES INC 17,757.14
ZIEGLER INC 1,024.23
**** FINAL TOTAL $169,405.10 ****
Publication Date: June 17, 2011.