Substitute teachers workshop offered [UPDATED]Published 7:25am Monday, July 30, 2012 Updated 12:27pm Monday, July 30, 2012
Persons without teaching certification have an opportunity to become employed as a substitute teacher.
A limited, short-call teacher license is available for persons who hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and can comply with the standard requirements of the Minnesota Department of Education.
If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher, a program through Lakes Country Service Cooperative in Fergus Falls is available to assist you. A two-day workshop is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., August 20-21, at Lakes Country Service Cooperative.
You would be provided assistance in completing the state forms and receive training in the basics of substitute teaching. The cost for this training is $150.
Requirements for applying for this license include:
• Limited license application form that has been duly completed, signed and dated by both the applicant and the requesting district’s superintendent.
• Conduct Review Form accurately completed, signed, and dated by applicant.
• Original transcripts in a college/university sealed envelope.
• One Minnesota Department of Education fingerprint card.
• An online payment in the amount of approximately $85.20 (for fingerprint card, background check and application fee) payable to the “Minnesota Department of Education.”
To register for this workshop or for more information, please visit our website at http://www.lcsc.org. If you have questions, please call Jolene King at Lakes Country Service Cooperative 218-739-3273. Advance registration is required for this workshop.