What’s Happening? Aug. 24 – 26Published 10:46am Friday, August 24, 2012
Potato Days, car races, a celebrity softball game and a motorcycle ride are just a few of the events that will help area residents catch some fresh air this weekend.exciting
Visitors from all over the area will head to Barnesville this weekend to celebrate Potato Days. Recently named one of the top 100 best events by the American Bus Association, Potato Days will feature events including a street fair, lefse cookoff, parade, mashed potato eating contest, a street dance and all kinds of live music.
The 10-88 Fun Run will be concluded at Hillbillies, where David Gibson will perform. Gibson has written six number one country songs for artists including Alabama, Montgomery Gentry and Tanya Tucker.
• Barnesville Potato Days: Kiddie Parade, 10 to 10:30 a.m. downtown; Street Fair, beginning 10 a.m.; National Lefse Cookoff, 1 to 3 p.m. at Hildebrand Hall; Entertainment by Penny and Pals, Suz Dance, Cat Sank Trio and Stoneridge Road, 2 to 4:45 p.m. at the main stage; Miss Tater Tot Pageant, 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the main stage; Acoustic addiction, 8 p.m. at the main stage; Eldon Johnson/Accoustic Thump, 9 p.m. at the main stage
• Stock Car Races, 7 to 10 p.m. at I-94 Speedway
• Barnesville Potato Days: KC’s Potato Pancake Breakfast, 7 to 11 a.m. at Hildebrand Hall; 5K/10K Run/Walk, 8 a.m. at Blue Eagle Park; Motorcycle rides, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at McGrath Park; Car Show, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at McGrath Park; Strong Man Competition, 12:30 p.m. behind the main stage; Mashed Potato Eating Contest, 2:30 to 4 p.m. at the main stage, Potato Days Parade, 5:30 p.m.; Street Dance featuring Nasty Habit, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the main stage
• Battle Lake Lions pillow cleaning, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Battle Lake Lions Park
• Finn Creek Festival, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. six miles southeast of New York Mills
• 10-88 Fun Run, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Erhard
• Anniversary of Eagles Ship, 1 p.m. to 12 a.m. at the Eagles Aerie 2339
• Prairie to Woods Whitetails Banquet, 5 to 9 p.m. at the Parkers Prairie Event Center
• Celebrity Softball Game, 7:15 to 10:15 p.m. at DeLagoon Park
• Finn Creek Festival, 8:30 a.m. to about 5 p.m. six miles southeast of New York Mills
• Otter Football Scramble golf tournament, 2 to 7 p.m. at Pebble Lake Golf Course