What’s Happening? Sept. 14 – 16 [UPDATED]Published 11:08am Friday, September 14, 2012 Updated 11:08am Friday, September 14, 2012
Summer festivals are over, kids are back in school and weekends are quieting down, but there are still some great opportunities to have fun in the next few days.
The Viking Challenge, a 5K run through mud and obstacles, is one example. This is the first year for the event, and it is sure to be a muddy, sweaty, and entertaining mess.
A Center for the Arts will feature musical savant Tony DeBlois. This will be the kickoff to the Concert Series, and for those who want to know a more about DeBlois’ back story, his mother will speak about raising him prior to the performance.
The following is a list of some of the events planned this weekend.
• Friends of the Library Book Sale, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the public library
• Quilts of Valor Sewing Day, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at WestRidge Mall
• The Viking Challenge: 5K Wilderness Mud Run, 9 a.m. at 21756 Co. Hwy. 22 near Jewett Lake
• Friends of the Library Book Sale, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the public library
• Canine Acres Open House, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 24663 Co. Hwy. 111
• Fall Container Class, 10 a.m. to noon at Natures Garden World
• Janiace DeBlois discusses raising a musical savant, 3 to 4 p.m. at A Center for the Arts
• Meet artist Rick Smith, 6 to 7:15 p.m. at A Center for the Arts
• Musical savant Tony DeBlois — Concert Series kickoff, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at A Center for the Arts
• OLV Pie and Ice Cream Social and Talent Show, 1 to 3:30 p.m. at OLV Church