OTC Commissioners Mtg, August 21, 2012Published 11:55am Monday, September 17, 2012
(First Publication September 17, 2012)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
August 21, 2012
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners at 8:30 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
3. Authorized hiring a temporary Sentence to Service Crew Leader for approximately two months to replace an approved leave of absence.
4. Support the appointment of Grant Weyland from Clay County to the Minnesota Non-motorized Transportation Advisory Committee.
5. Approved the Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2012-49 (Legacy Funding)
6. Held a Public Meeting for MPCA Permit for Feeder cattle Operation.
7. Approved 2 Liquor Licenses.
8. Approved the issuance of an Otter Tail County credit card with a 30 day limitation of $1,000 to David M. Boen, Phelps Mill Caretaker, as requested.
9. Authorized payment, in the amount of $2,356.48, payable to Christensen Construction for maintenance/repair work completed on County Drainage System No. 16, as recommended by the Interim Ditch Inspector.
10. Authorized payment, in the amount of $45.61, payable to TALC Group, Inc. (dba Big McDonald Resort) for boat and motor rental costs associated with the redetermination of benefits for County Drainage System No. 25, as recommended by the Interim Ditch Inspector.
11 Directed the County Attorney to provide an Eviction and Collection Notice to Lakes Area Internet.
12. Approved 1 Conditional Use Permit.
13. Made an exception to the County’s hiring practices to start a new Eligibility Worker at a Step 5 to give consideration for experience.
14. Authorized filling a vacant Assistant Veterans Service Officer position as recommended by the Community Services Director and Interim VSO.
15. Authorized the Interim Ditch Inspector to place a guard over the inlet in County Ditch #70 to prevent it from plugging up.
16. Authorized Commissioners and encourage the public to attend the Grand Opening of “Our Lives, Our Stories: America’s Greatest Generation” on Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at the ITOW Veterans Museum in Perham, MN.
17. Adjourned at 12:12 PM.
Warrants Approved On 8/21/2012 For Payment 8/21/2012
Vendor Name Amount
ABG Maintenance Inc 2,501.84
American Welding & Gas Inc 192.40
Anderson Land Surveying Inc 2,527.50
Ballard Sanitation Inc 128.70
Battle Lake Standard 53.44
Brandon Communications Inc 216,958.50
Braun Vending Inc 775.00
Century Link 923.40
CO OP Services Inc 82.01
Code 4 Services LLC 2,378.21
Culligan of Wadena 29.82
Denzel’s Region Waste Inc 810.00
Election Systems & Software Inc 579.53
Extreme Marine LLC 894.38
Fargo Freightliner 297.64
Farmers Co Op Oil Assn 1,668.21
Fastenal Company 86.94
Fergus Falls Daily Journal 163.53
Fergus Fast Lane 76.03
Foth Infrastructure & EnvironLLC 14,156.00
FSH Communications LLC 64.13
G & K Services 1,177.15
Galls LLC 26.48
Gopher State One Call 55.75
Hastings Law L.L.C. 2,420.00
Henning Auto Parts Inc 7.47
Independent Emergency Services 64.22
Independent News Herald 25.88
Information Systems Corp 606.51
Jasam Enterprises 197.37
Kelly Services Inc 784.08
Lake Region Healthcare Corp 5,773.00
Lakes Area Pest Control LLC 83.36
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service 2,885.00
Lawson Products Inc 98.21
Leitch Excavating 348.00
Liberty Tire Recycling Services Mn 742.01
Locators & Supplies Inc 144.25
Mark Sand & Gravel Co 89,634.23
Maske/Larry J 248.76
Miller’s Precision Enterprises Inc 498.49
MN Dept of Labor & Industry 320.00
MN Motor Company 60.00
Mn Office Of Enterprise Technology 1,700.00
MN State Auditor 2,637.50
Napa Fergus Falls 55.22
National Pen Corporation 176.90
Nelson Auto Center 117.04
Nelson Reporting Service 731.50
Northern Engine and Supply INC 1,267.21
Northern Safety Technology Inc 40.68
One Call Locators Ltd 409.02
Otter Electric LLC 147.50
Otter Tail Power Company 25.66
Ottertail Bakery 140.76
Ottertail Trucking Inc 18,437.50
Outdoor Renovations Landss & Nurs 703.00
Pace Analytical Services Inc 880.00
Park Region Co Op 42.96
Parkers Prairie/City Of 260.00
Perham Sand & Gravel 314.21
Pitney Bowes 1,076.00
Powerplan OIB 2,698.87
Premium Waters Inc 34.34
Price Family Construction 160.00
Pro Tainer 3,140.00
Quality Overhead LLC 210.00
RDO Truck Centers 6,608.52
RDO Trust #80-6130 270.05
Red Rock-Norhwind Lodge 608.93
Royal Tire Inc 681.29
Safelite Fulfillment Inc 169.40
Service Food Super Valu 24.44
Special Services Group LLC 3,295.98
Steins Inc 243.43
Uiversity of Minnesota Extension 200.00
Victor Lundeen Company 1,676.92
Waste Management 18,296.03
Wenck Associates Inc 39,942.82
West Payment Center 208.65
White Banner Uniform Shop 169.99
Wilson/Warren R 193.82
Ziegler Inc 572.23
Final Total: 463,921.11
Publication September 17, 2012