Summary of Minutes of the OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, Aug 28, 2012Published 3:08pm Tuesday, October 2, 2012
(First Publication September 18, 2012)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
August 28, 2012
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners at 8:30 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
3. Held a Dog Bite hearing.
4. Certify the following purchase of land by the DNR as requested: East Lost Lake AMA – Alan
S. Bensman TSTEE et al – Pt GL 5 & 7 Beg NW Cor GL 5 S 710’ NE 294.43’ SE 236.08’N 496 to Lk NWLY on Lk to N Ln Sec 11 W 302’ to BG.
5. Awarded the fire pump installation project at the Fergus Falls Transfer Station to Simplex Grinnell of Fargo, ND, as the lowest responsible bidder with a project cost of $54,850.00.
6. Authorized payment, in the amount of $226,300, from Otter Tail County to the Prairie Lakes Municipal Solid Waste Authority 2012 Operating Fund. The Otter Tail County funds are 45.26% of the total $500,000 to be paid to the Operating Fund.
7. Authorized the Sheriff to sign a contract with propertyroom.com for sale of property instead of holding a local sale/auction.
8. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute FY 2013 Snowmobile Maintenance and Grooming Grant Agreements between the State of Minnesota DNR, County of Otter Tail and Snowmobile Club sponsors as follows:
Otter Trail Riders $53,671.00
Otter Country Trail Association
Henning Sno Cruisers $17,954.00
Prairie Snow Drifters $12,758.80
9. Approved 1 Final Plat.
10. Denied the Application for a Grade & Fill Permit for Lake Street proposed by the Midway Park Plat Owners and leave the sod in place. Discussion continued regarding the reasons for the denial as follows: (1) there is no purpose (different use) that would be provided by a gravel drive, (2) the current sod that is in place provides for erosion control, (3) requesting work to be done on property other than the owner of the property is not a good policy, and (4) geogrid panels would be a better alternative than a gravel drive.
11. Approved payment of the Human Services bills and claims as presented.
12. Authorized Rick West, Highway Engineer, to serve on the University of Minnesota Center for Transportation Studies (CTS) Safety & Traffic Flow Council
13. Authorized the landowner to install a 24” culvert in the first approach east of 300th Avenue and east of the homestead in Ditch #55 to match the size of the downstream pipe with supervision of the Ditch Authority.
14. Authorized Final Payment per Estimate No. 3, in the amount of $12,004.97, payable to Hough, Inc. for S.A.P. 056-997-002, as recommended by the Public Works Director.
15. Adjourned at 11:43 AM.
Warrants Approved On 8/28/2012 For Payment 8/28/2012
Vendor Name Amount
A-1 Lock & Key 114.62
A’viands LLC 6,087.99
Ag Resource Consulting Inc 534.00
Auto Value Fergus Falls 3.53
Big McDonald Resort 45.61
Bob’s Standard Bulk Service 118.50
Brian’s Repair-Northland Rebuilding 120.00
CDW Government Inc 49,824.52
Certified Auto Repair 464.09
Christensen Construction 2,356.48
Code 4 Services LLC 6,576.36
Cummins NPower LLC 1,103.35
Denzel’s Region Waste Inc 1,190.00
Dex East 21.15
Dynamic Imaging Systems Inc 3,570.96
Fargo Glass And Paint Co 148.00
Fastenal Company 27.71
Fergus Falls/City Of 46,265.13
Fergus Power Pump Inc 360.00
Fergus Tire Center 26.57
Forms & Systems of Minnesota 1,481.05
Godfathers Exterminating Inc 338.31
Grand View Lodge 404.00
Haugrud/Bruce M 660.00
Hedahls Headquarters 46.23
Hugs & Stitches 1,000.00
Information Systems Corp 765.00
Innovative Office Solutions 39.36
J C’s General Store 41.23
Kelly Services Inc 764.94
Key Government Finance Inc 8,788.78
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service 1,360.00
Locators & Supplies Inc 11.22
M-R Sign Company Inc. 2,485.49
Manderud/Viola J 38.85
Marco Inc St Louis 1,712.35
Mark Sand & Gravel Co 129,672.48
Mathison CO 456.54
Midwestern Mat Rental & Supply Co 84.88
MN CVSO Secretaries & Assit Assn 129.00
MN Dept of Labor & Industry 70.00
Mn Dept Of Transportation 125.00
Mn Sheriffs’ Association 200.00
Otter Tail Co Treasurer 444.09
Overland Mechanical Services 370.54
Pamida Pharmacy 306.49
Pebble Lake Auto Repair 2,239.44
Perham Area EMS 335.00
Pitney Bowes 917.01
Productive Alternatives Inc 146.04
PSS World Medical INC 272.13
Quill Corporation 227.55
RDO Trust #80-6130 125.27
Reliable Office Supplies 179.65
Ringdahl Ambulance Service 882.25
SBLC FF 198.18
Southtown Of Pelican Rapids Inc 17.00
Steins Inc 2,452.13
Super Septic & Excavation 102.19
TNT Repair INC 1,461.85
Tranquility Building Services 454.22
Truenorth Steel 1,487.30
Ulteig Engineer’s Inc 823.00
Vavationland Plumbing Inc 90.00
Victor Lundeen Company 10.59
Wayne’s Toolwagon 35.75
White Banner Uniform Shop 112.98
Widdes Feed & Farm Supplies 450.00
Final Total: 291,603.88
Publication Date: September 18, 2012