What’s happening Oct. 12-14Published 10:59am Friday, October 12, 2012
For those who are still looking for something to do this weekend, the area has plenty of events to offer.substances
The Otter Tail County Historical Society will hold its annual Brewers Festival at the VFW Friday night. About 15 local beer and wine makers from around the area will bring their best beverages to the event, and visitors are welcome to try samples. Guests must be at least 21, and the cost is $15 at the door.
Pelican Rapids Oktoberfest will have something for everyone. The event will feature chainsaw sculpting, a pumpkin carving contest, karaoke and Friday and Sunday night dances.
Zion–Sarpsborg Church in Dalton will celebrate the season with a Harvest Festival. All are invited to enjoy pork tenderloins, mashed potatoes, applesauce and more. The cost is $7 for adults, $3 for children 10 or younger and children three and under are free.
The following is a list of some of this weekend’s events.
• Pelican Rapids Oktoberfest: Chainsaw sculpting, noon downtown; Largest pumpkin contest, 5 p.m. behind the VFW; Salute to our troops, 6:30 p.m. at the VFW; Dance to Two at a Time, 8 p.m. at the VFW
• Ivy + Bean Day all day at the public library
• Prairie Ridge Hospital Groundbreaking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Elbow Lake
• Octoberfest, Pelican Rapids
• Quilts of Valor sewing day, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at WestRidge Mall
• Health Emphasis Weekend, 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Otter Tail Power building
• Otter Tail County Historical Society Brewers Festival, 7 to 10 a.m. at the VFW.
• Pelican Rapids Oktoberfest: Volksmarch 5K/10K run, 8 a.m. at Lida Greens; Music jam and sing along, 1 to 5 p.m. at Pelican Valley Health Center; Live auction, 6 p.m. at the VFW; Dance to The Shakers, 9 p.m. at the VFW
• Backcourt Basketball registration, 9:30 a.m. to noon at the Kennedy Secondary School gym
• Health Emphasis Weekend, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Otter Tail Power building
• Fun with the fire station, 10 to 11 a.m. at the public library
• Harvest Festival, 4 to 7 p.m. at Zion–Sarpsborg Church in Dalton
• Performance by Ensemble 61, 7:30 to 9 p.m. at A Center for the Arts
• Pelican Rapids Oktoberfest: Best of the Wurst sausage and beer sampling, 1 p.m. at Hillbillies in Erhard; Old-fashioned polka party, 1 to 5 p.m. at The Pelican
• Gummy bear sale for Habitat for Humanity, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at WestRidge Mall
• Northern Lights gospel quartet performance, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Church of Peace
• Health Emphasis Weekend, 1 to 6 p.m. at the Otter Tail Power building
• “He Leadeth Me” showing, 2 to 4 p.m. at First Church of the Nazarene