$21,000 in grants awarded to the FF public schoolsPublished 11:08am Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The 544 Education Foundation awarded over $21,600 in grants to the Fergus Falls School District at its October 11th board meeting. The Foundation received 29 grant requests totaling over $40,700. With a $21,950 budget, they were able to fund 21 at either full or partial amounts.
The grants awarded are as follows:
• $142.35 for chess sets for Kindergarteners.
• $168.32 for an equalizer, CD player, and speakers for multicultural music classes.
• $250 for costumes for the 3rd grade spring program at the PWLC.
• $300 for 12 scientific calculators for the Area Learning Center.
• $499 for an iPad for the Orchestra Department.
• $500 to cover expenses for the 10th Annual Hall of Fame/Senior Recognition Ceremony.
• $500 for supplies for a positive behavior reward store for the Special Education Cooperative.
•$609 for a document camera for a science classroom at Kennedy Secondary School.
• $706 for an iPad, 2 digital recorders, and music software for the Band Department.
• $930.35 for a wireless microphone unit for the Kennedy Secondary School Auditorium.
• $1,000 for reading curriculum and iPod Touches for the Response to Intervention Program (in memory of Stacey Korby, Class of 2012)
• $1,000 for Otter Preschool scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year.
• $1,000 for before- and after-school homework help at Cleveland Elementary School.
• $1,081.43 for archery equipment for the Lifetime Recreation and Wellness physical education class.
• $1,250 for supplies to convert an old, donated kiln into an outdoor Raku kiln for the Art Department.
• $1,350 for a speaker to come and talk to Kennedy Secondary School students about bullying and harassment.
• $1,374 for six iPod Touches for the 1st and 2nd grade classes at Adams Elementary School.
• $1,500 for a charging station/storage cart for iPads for the Kennedy Secondary School Social Studies Department.
• $1,600 for mounting projectors on the ceiling in the two computer labs at Cleveland Elementary School.
• $2,111.43 for a wire-feed welding machine for the Vocational Department.
• $3,800 for supplies for regular education elementary teachers ($100/teacher).
If you have questions about any of the grants or would like more information, please contact Mindy Fuder at 218-998-0544, Ext. 2621. For a complete listing of grants awarded since 2000, please visit www.544foundation.org.
The Foundation always welcomes new members. You can become a member of the Foundation for as little as $25. The more memberships they have, the more grants they’ll be able to fund.
Checks can be sent to: 544 Education Foundation, 518 Friberg Avenue, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Online donations can also be made by going to www.544foundation.org.