8 charged in murder conspiracyPublished 10:53am Thursday, October 25, 2012
An alleged plot that involved robbing and burning a home and murdering the occupants has led to eight arrests, with charges as high as second-degree conspiracy to commit murder with intent.
A group of five adults and three juveniles allegedly took two vehicles to a Pelican Rapids home Oct. 4 with bear mace, a crow bar, a lead pipe, a knife, a baseball bat, a machete and gasoline. Their alleged motive was to retrieve stolen marijuana and other drug related paraphernalia.
According to reports, their plan was for Branagen Theisen and a juvenile to go to the front door, enter and attempt to purchase marijuana. Once allowed in, the juvenile would start spraying bear mace, and the rest of the group would come in from strategic locations with the intent to murder occupants in the home. Following the murders, they planned to use the gasoline to set fire to the house and destroy the evidence.
When the vehicles arrived at the home in Pelican Rapids Oct. 4, all but the vehicle drivers exited and took their positions. Thiesen and one of the juveniles knocked on the door and were allowed access. When occupants of the house noticed Thiesen had a knife, a fight broke out.
According to court reports, one of the house’s occupants, Fikret Saric, proceeded to walk into the front yard and fire two gunshots, one of which struck the passenger side front door of one of the escape vehicles.
The investigation is continuing, and no further details are being released at this time.
The following is a list of charges faced by the eight involved in the plot.
• Kimberly Dawn Ryan, 36, of Fergus Falls has been charged with second degree conspiracy to commit murder with intent and first degree conspiracy to commit assault.
• Zack Otis Stewart, 18, of Erhard has been charged with second-degree conspiracy to commit murder with intent and first-degree conspiracy to commit assault.
• Kevin Bradley Forer, 18, of Fergus Falls has been charged with second-degree conspiracy to commit murder with intent.
• Branagen Jordan Theisen, 22, of Fergus Falls has been charged with second-degree conspiracy to commit murder with intent.
• Brandtly Patrick Hutson, 19, of Fergus Falls has yet to appear in court.
• The three male juveniles ages 17, 17 and 16 were involved. The 17-year-olds may be tried as adults.