Summary of Minutes of the OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, Oct 2Published 3:07pm Tuesday, November 6, 2012
(First Publication October 29, 2012)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
October 2, 2012
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners at 9:30 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
3. Encouraged and strongly recommend that the Bois de Sioux Watershed District spray and mow cattails to increase the controlled flow of water to mitigate flood and damage from the Rabbit River overflow.
4. Held a Public Meeting regarding a permit application for the TLK Farms in Hewitt MN.
5. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Mutual Aid Agreement between Minnesota Homeland Security & Emergency Management and Clay and Otter Tail counties.
6. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute the VHF Interoperable Frequency Use Agreement between the State of Minnesota and the County of Otter Tail.
7. Directed Mr. McGuire to study the options and return to the Board with the best solution for a complete communication system in the Henning area.
8. Designated Judy Siggerud, Dispatch Supervisor, as the 800 MHz Local Systems Administrator.
9. Accepted the Board of Water and Soil Resources Block Grant Agreement for FY2013 in the amount of $106,241 with a local match requirement of $98,461. The recommended distribution of funds for various environmental management activities was also approved as submitted by the Land & Resource Administrator.
10. Approved 1 Liquor License.
11. Authorized payment, in the amount of $1,143.00, to NACO for the 2013 membership dues.
12. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Joint Powers Agreement between the State of Minnesota Office of Secretary of State and the Otter Tail County Auditor for the purpose of providing election recount services pursuant to M.S. 204C.35 for the 2012 general election.
13. Approved payment, in the amount of $9,524.71, to Kadrmas, Lee & Jackson, Inc. for construction engineering services related to S.P. 56-090-07.
14. Authorized the Public Health Director to fill a full time Account Technician position with the Long Term Care Unit due to an upcoming vacancy.
15. Closed to the public to discuss pending litigation with architects and contractors in the matter of the construction of the 60-Bed Chemical Dependency Facility. The closed session is authorized under Attorney-Client privilege, M.S. §13D.05, Subd. 3(b).
16. Closed to the public for purposes of discussing labor negotiation strategies regarding the Human Services, Nurses, and Facilities Maintenance unions. The closed session is authorized by M.S. §13D.03.
17. Authorized Subsurface, Inc. of Moorhead, MN to clean out culverts in County Ditch #38 and County Ditch #41/65 with cost not to exceed $33,000.
18. Adjourned at 1:50 PM.
Warrants Approved On 10/02/2012 For Payment 10/02/2012
Vendor Name Amount
3 ATT Plaza 40.00
A’viands LLC 11,552.92
Action Target 727.57
Alexandria Tech & Comm College 525.00
American Welding & Gas Inc 131.76
AP Technology 795.00
Barnesville Record Review 42.50
Bear Graphics Inc 271.27
Beyer Body Shop Inc 80.16
Carr’s Lake Country Supermarket 139.75
Central Concrete Construction 2,553.00
Central Lakes College 600.00
CO OP Services Inc 156.83
Coopers Technology Group 2,531.31
Crop Production Services 30,887.86
Culligan Water Conditioning 10.69
Denzel’s Region Waste Inc 760.00
Design Electronics 79.45
Detroit Lakes Newspapers 159.00
Extreme Marine LLC 173.49
Fergus Falls Daily Journal 134.02
GALLS LLC 57.27
Green Lights Recycling Inc 713.88
Information Systems Corp 795.00
Innovative Office Solutions 2,347.64
Integra Telcom 383.42
Kelly Services Inc 296.51
Lake Region Healthcare Corp 275.00
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service 705.00
Lawson Products Inc 36.69
Leitch Excavating 315.00
Liberty Tire Recycling Services Mn 8,137.28
Locators & Supplies Inc 6.39
M-R Sign Company Inc. 1,146.05
Marco Inc St Louis 1,019.45
Mathison Co 300.00
Midwest Testing Laboratory 1,365.50
Midwestern Mat Rental & Supply Co 160.10
Mn Dept Of Health 250.00
MN Motor Company 36.26
Mn State Bar Association 234.60
Nardini Fire Equipment 83.89
Officemax Incorporated 72.70
Olson Funeral Home 300.00
Otter Electric LLC 26,000.00
Otter Tail Co Treasurer 956.42
Otter Tail Power Company 30.00
Otter Tail Telcom 75.00
Overhead Door Co Of Fergus Falls 175.90
Peterson Mechanical Inc 2,344.05
Phoenix Supply 905.55
Professional Portable X-Ray Inc 150.00
PSS World Medical Inc 174.32
Pullen Electric Inc 58.55
Quality Toyota 106.00
Ringdahl Ambulance Service 575.58
Safelite Fulfillment Inc 163.45
Shultz & Associates LTD 14,688.43
Staples Advantage 197.95
Staples World 152.00
Steins Inc 1,368.75
Superior Lamp Inc 752.74
Tranquility Building Services 454.22
Ulteig Engineer’s Inc 1,151.30
Uniforms Unlimited Inc 233.04
VFW Post 612 140.00
Victor Lundeen Company 156.63
Waste Management 17,269.96
West Payment Center 2,377.69
Wheelchairs Unlimited 328.00
Final Total: 148,243.75
Publication Date: October 29, 2012.