Summary of Minutes of the OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, November 6, 2012 [UPDATED]Published 1:22pm Sunday, November 18, 2012 Updated 1:25pm Friday, November 16, 2012
(First Publication November 18, 2012)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the County Administrator
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
November 6, 2012
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners meeting at 9:30 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
3. Reappointed Thomas (Tom) Lee to the Otter Tail County Board of Adjustment for calendar year 2013.
4. Authorized hiring a .5 FTE DWI Court Surveillance Officer as requested.
5. Reappointed Bob Johnston, Parkers Prairie, MN, to the Otter Tail County Probation Advisory Committee for a three year term effective January 1, 2013.
6. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute an amended Agreement for Professional Services between the State of Minnesota Seventh Judicial District and Otter Tail County Probation to extend use of the DWI grant to September 30, 2013. The total grant is $32,990 for the DWI Court services requiring a local match of $11,000.
7. Forgave the penalty of a $20.00 late fee for Dale and Barbara Pittman on seasonal property R53000990779000 due to a misunderstanding with the electronic payment system.
8. Approved certification for USFWS acquisition of the following perpetual wetland easements:
Johnson, David D., et al Johnson, Donald E.
T.136N., R. 39 W., 5th P.M. T. 131 N., R. 39W., 5th P.M.
In Section 5, S1/2NE1/4, In Section 2, SE1/4NW1/4
NE1/4SE1/4 and GL 1 In Section 3, SW1/4SW1/4
Mickelson, Roy Jr. Mickelson, Micheal J, et al
T. 132N., R. 39 W., 5th P.M. T.132N., R. 39 W., 5th P.M.
In Section 35, N1/2NE1/4, SW1/4NE1/4 In Section 26, SE1/4SE1/4,
and S1/2NW1/4 SW1/4SE1/4, SE1/4SW1/4
In Section 34, NE1/4NW1/4
In Section 35, NE1/4NW1/4
9. Authorized the Chair of the Board of Health to sign the 2013 Minnesota Department of Health Assurance and Agreements which apply to the Local Public Health Grant, the Maternal Child Health Grant, and the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Grant. In addition, authorize Diane Thorson to act as an agent for the Board of Health for action required to address public health issues that require immediate action and or signatures between meetings of the Board of Health.
10. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute the Land of the Dancing Sky Area Agency on Aging Professional and Technical Services Contract for funding to Otter Tail County to support the costs of the activities provided by the Coordinator on Aging.
11. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2012-59 (Hwy 78 detour)
12. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2012-60. (State of MN Master Partnership Contract)
13. Approved Final Payment, in the amount of $31,176.54, payable to Quam Construction Company, Inc. for completion of S.P. 056-667-032, F.P. STPX 5610(240), CSAH #67, City of New York Mills Street and Utility Improvements.
14. Authorize Wesley Halbakken to do repair work on his property that lies within Ditch #56 as submitted by the Public Works Director. All expenses for the repair work will be the responsibility of Mr. Halbakken.
15. Approved the following highway ditch cleanout requests as submitted by the Public Works Director:
Name Permit No. Highway Location Township
2012–01 CSAH 26 Sec. 33&34, T131N, R44W Western
2012–02 CSAH 25 Sec 10, T131N, R43W Aastad
2012–03 CSAH 88 Sec 21, T134N, R44W Oscar
16. Accepted Change Order #2 less $8,537.34, which represents a calculation error on Change Order #1 for Project #1113, New York Mills Improvements.
17. Affirmed Commissioners Roger Froemming and Douglas Huebsch as Otter Tail County’s voting delegates for the MCIT annual meeting.
18. Authorized the issuance of an Otter Tail County Credit Card to Rick Hoium, Highway Department Maintenance Supervisor, as requested.
19. Approved payment of the following invoices:
Houston Engineering, Inc.
Invoice No. 0012826, Dated 09/25/2012
Ditch #63 Repair Review
Total Due – $1,384.75 (Ditch Fund)
Invoice No. 4407, Dated 10/23/2012
GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation
Total Due – $3,010.00 (General Revenue Fund)
Leitch Excavating, LLC
Invoice No. 12431, Dated 10/16/2012
Phelps Mill Restroom Project
Total Due – $39,030.75 (Capital Improvement Fund)
Kadramas, Lee and Jackson, Inc.
Invoice No. 157212 – Dated 10/17/2012
Phelps Mill Bridge Restoration Project
Total Due – $7,128.37 (Capital Improvement Fund)
20. Certified the following public health nuisance abatement costs to the payable 2013 tax rolls with terms as indicated:
41203 Cty Hwy 128, Battle Lake, MN 56515
Total Due – $2,507.97 (STS Crew-$1,822.41 & OTC Solid Waste – $685.56)
5 years at 6% interest
211 Douglas Ave S, Parkers Prairie, MN 56361
Total Due – $2,352.90 (STS Crew-$1,451.06 & OTC Solid Waste-$374.66 & PH Staff & Mileage-$527.18)
5 years at 6% interest
21. Decertified an existing public health nuisance abatement assessment, in the amount of $3,890.75, which was previously certified in January of 2010. The property owner is deceased and the parcel is located at 24965 470th Ave in Section 19 of Henning Township.
22. Approved the Chairman’s signature to execute a Finding of Fact and Order in the matter of a dog owned by Heidi Jo Licence as submitted by the County Attorney.
23. Approved the Order Establishing the Big McDonald LID as drafted by the County Attorney and authorize the Chairman’s signature to execute the Order as follows.
24. Authorized a per diem for Commissioner Huebsch when working with the Fox Lawson Compensation/Classification project.
25. Adjourned at 12:25 PM.
Warrants Approved On 11/06/2012 For Payment 11/06/2012
Vendor Name Amount
3 ATT Plaza 80.00
A’viands LLC 10,881.75
Al’s Refrigeration 2,020.32
Alexandria Tech & Comm College 2,500.00
B & B Construction Services LLC 450.00
Barna Guzy & Steffen Ltd 494.00
Beyer Body Shop Inc 529.03
Bluestone Technologies Inc 7,112.52
Braun Intertec Corporation 10,228.50
Brian’s Repair-Northland Rebuilding 193.03
Buy-Mor Parts & Service LLC 1,222.75
Carr’s Tree Service 53.44
Central Specialties Inc 3,027.23
Certified Auto Repair 42.75
Charter Communications 82.75
Clerk Of Courts 6.25
Code 4 Services LLC 730.51
College Way Auto Inc 21.84
Commissioner of Transportation 800.00
Concept Catering 198.78
Cooks Correctional 266.16
Culligan Water Conditioning 10.69
D & V’s Perham Bakery 9.60
Dan’s Towing & Repair 209.47
Denzel’s Region Waste Inc 1,140.00
Dex East 538.80
Digital Ally Inc 50.00
DS Solutions INC 1,183.81
Eldien/Michelle M 370.28
Evergreen Lawn Care 53.44
Fergus Falls/City Of 44,535.60
Fremont Industries INC 468.37
Frontier Precision Inc 28.86
Galls LLC 697.88
Godfathers Exterminating Inc 425.84
Goodin Company 0.99
Goodpointe Technology Inc 2,480.00
Grant’s Mechanical 1,971.35
Hess Excavating 385.00
Innovative Office Solutions 8,816.66
J C’s General Store 25.34
Joseph Mako Appraisals 5,600.00
K.I.D. Leasing INC 303.35
Lake Region Healthcare Corp 175.00
Lakes Country Service Co Op 118.00
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service 3,125.00
Larry’s Supermarket 132.90
Lawson Products Inc 493.38
Leitch Excavating 8,220.00
Little Bear Towing 224.44
Locators & Supplies Inc 495.02
Lund Boat Company 2,134.19
Marco Inc St Louis 2,196.33
Matthew Bender & Company Inc 640.31
Midwestern Mat Rental & Supply Co 80.05
Mn Bureau Of Criminal Apprehension 142.50
Mn Dept Of Corrections 100.00
Mn Dept Of Human Services 320.08
MN Motor Company 29.08
Mn Sheriffs’ Association 55.00
MN State Auditor 9,290.00
Municipal Emergency Services 534.31
NAPA Fergus Falls 28.49
National Academies of Emergency Disp 30.00
Nelson Auto Center 432.08
Otis Elevator Co 435.00
Otter Tail Co Public Health 1,534.04
Otter Tail Co Treasurer 1,303.20
Otter Tail Power Company 156.77
Ottertail Aggregate 7,521.15
Ottertail Trucking Inc 22,714.00
Outdoor Renovations Landsca & Nur 400.00
Overhead Door Co Of Fergus Falls 60.00
Pete’s Amoco 404.41
Phoenix Supply 1,184.96
Pine Plaza TV & Appliance 292.41
Pitney Bowes 2,534.00
Prairie Restorations Inc 132.60
Quill Corporation 145.88
Reconrobotics Inc 606.00
Red Horse Ranch Arena Inc 500.00
Regents Of The University Of Mn 580.00
Ringdahl Ambulance Inc 425.58
Sanitation Products Inc 602.90
SBLC FF 185.76
Service Food Super Valu 20.16
Shaykhet Training LLC 4,947.79
South Mill Service 40.54
Steins Inc 4,822.45
Steve’s Sanitation Inc 1,310.61
Stoel Rives LLP 4,862.22
Strategic Equipment And Supply 455.25
Superior Lamp Inc 777.81
T & K Tires 357.03
This Weeks Shopping News 99.60
Titan Access Account 48.86
Tranquility Building Services 454.22
Tri-State Diving 114.41
Troy Group INC 3,431.31
Ulteig Engineer’s INC 1,465.12
Uniforms Unlimited INC 288.45
University of MN 120.00
Victor Lundeen Company 1,599.17
Visual Gov Solutions LLC 99.00
Voss Lighting 311.22
Washington Co Sheriff’s Office 75.00
Waste Management 22,932.51
West Payment Center 616.53
Final Total: 473,539.21
Publication Date: November 18, 2012