Pickup destroyed in fire Tuesday [UPDATED]Published 10:11am Wednesday, January 2, 2013 Updated 12:18pm Wednesday, January 2, 2013
A pickup was destroyed north of Pelican Rapids Tuesday in a fire caused by a propane heater inside the cab of the vehicle.
The Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office received a report from the owner of a 2001 Dodge diesel pickup, Sean Nordquist, saying his truck was on fire.
Nordquist allegedly placed a Mr. Heater propane heater inside the cab of the vehicle to increase the temperature of the cab before driving to his home in Henning. When he returned to the idling pickup, he found the cab engulfed in flames.
The Pelican Rapids Fire Department responded to the scene, but the pickup was destroyed in the fire.
No injuries were reported.