Sources of information invaluable to residents [UPDATED]Published 10:03am Wednesday, January 23, 2013 Updated 12:07pm Wednesday, January 23, 2013
I was pleased to congratulate the Fergus Falls High School band in the House chamber this week. The FFHS band is scheduled to perform at President Obama’s inauguration ceremony in Washington, D.C.
This is quite an honor for our local students.
I also want to pass along information regarding a number of state websites available to help people follow the Minnesota Legislature from their computers. Below are some resources I would like to share.
Official state Rep. Bud Nornes page — Includes a host of information, including committee assignments, biographical information, news items I’ve issued and more.
• Minnesota House of Representatives — Information about the legislative process and the Minnesota House of Representatives.
• Session Weekly — A nonpartisan publication of Minnesota House of Representatives Public Information Services. News items are updated Fridays during the legislative session.
• Session Daily — Hard news from the Capitol.
• New laws — Compiled by the Minnesota House of Representatives Public Information Services.
• TV coverage — Coverage is broadcast statewide — along with Minnesota Senate television coverage — on your local PBS station’s digital Minnesota Channel.
• Streaming video — Live Internet video streaming of all television productions, plus additional coverage not provided on the broadcast channel, including evening, weekend and interim coverage.
How a bill
moves to law
A 16-page booklet explaining, in a simple, straightforward manner, how a bill moves from an idea to law.
Capitol Steps is intended as a resource for junior high school students.
In addition to receiving my periodic email updates, you also can tune in local radio stations to hear my views on the latest issues.
I am on The Lakes 99.5 FM in Perham at 8:15 a.m. each Thursday. Also, Sen. Bill Ingebrigtsen and I alternate making weekly appearances on KBRF 1250 AM out of Fergus Falls. We are on at 5:45 p.m. Fridays throughout the session.
I hope you find this information helpful. As always, I welcome your input on the issues.
Rep. Bud Nornes