Archived Story

Pickup destroyed in fire Tuesday

Published 10:11am Wednesday, January 2, 2013 Updated 12:18pm Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A pickup was destroyed north of Pelican Rapids Tuesday in a fire caused by a propane heater inside the cab of the vehicle.

The Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office received a report from the owner of a 2001 Dodge diesel pickup, Sean Nordquist, saying his truck was on fire.

Nordquist allegedly placed a Mr. Heater propane heater inside the cab of the vehicle to increase the temperature of the cab before driving to his home in Henning. When he returned to the idling pickup, he found the cab engulfed in flames.

The Pelican Rapids Fire Department responded to the scene, but the pickup was destroyed in the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Editor's Picks

Fergus Falls gets its own magazine: Distribution launches today

Something new is coming to the Fergus Falls area, in the form of a publication brought to you by the publishers of In Good Company ... Read more

Vendors to mark national week

Farmers market keeps growing The Fergus Falls Farmers and Artisans Market is all set to celebrate National Farmers Market Week with free ice cream and ... Read more

West Central Initiative hires transportation lead

When West Central Initiative’s newest staff member flew into Fargo to scout out housing in Fergus Falls, he came with a collapsible bicycle in tow. ... Read more

What’s Happening: Trolls, big hair, classic cars, the ’80s

ELBOW LAKE — This weekend the trolls will be out in full force as people from all over flood the streets in Elbow Lake for ... Read more