Westrom, McNamar to co-host town meetings [UPDATED]Published 6:21am Tuesday, February 12, 2013 Updated 8:23am Tuesday, February 12, 2013
State Senator Torrey Westrom and Representative Jay McNamar will co-host five town hall meetings in District 12A on Feb. 22.
“In addition to job creation, balancing the budget, and 2nd amendment rights, there are a number of other issues and concerns important to the people we serve,” Senator Torrey Westrom said. “These town hall meetings allow residents another opportunity to personally share their concerns and provide input without leaving their communities. Staying connected to our districts through these town hall meetings enables us to be more responsive to the concerns of those that send us to St. Paul.”
The town hall meetings provide a forum for citizens to provide feedback to their legislators as the legislative session continues. Anyone is welcome to attend.
“I am grateful to have the opportunity to be joining Sen. Westrom at these town hall meetings in our community,” McNamar said. “I think there are a lot of issues where we can work together this year to help our area and I look forward to hearing from our constituents.”
Town Hall meeting schedule:
Friday, Feb. 22
• Elbow Lake, 7 to 7:50 a.m., Hans House, 116 Central Ave. N.
• Breckenridge City Hall, 420 Nebraska Avenue, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
• Wheaton, Country Corner Café, 1113 Broadway, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Ortonville, Pizza Ranch, 205 NW 2nd Street, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
• Morris, Pizza Ranch, 7 East 5th Street, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend any of the town meetings or would like to discuss legislative issues, please contact either member:
• Sen. Westrom may be reached at (651) 296-3826 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Rep. McNamar may be reached at (651) 296-4929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.