Fire erupted from failed gas line [UPDATED]

Published 9:37am Friday, February 22, 2013 Updated 11:43am Friday, February 22, 2013

Anthony Schmidt reported a furnace fire at his home Thursday at approximately 4:45 p.m. on Diversion Drive in Fergus Falls.

According to Schmidt, there was a crack in a propane gas line near the valve attached to his furnace where the fire erupted.

Schmidt went outside and shut off the gas at the tank. The fire was extinguished by the time firefighters arrived. No damage was reported to the home.

 

Editor's Picks

Council denies sign fee waiver [UPDATED]

The Fergus Falls City Council denied a sign fee waiver for the Fergus Falls Classic Car Club, which requested the waiver for 12 signs it ... Read more

OLV names new principal

Tonya Zierden has been named the new principal at Our Lady of Victory School in Fergus Falls. Read more

Teen allegedly steals 8 iPads from PR school

A 19-year-old man faces two felonies after police say he stole eight mini iPads from Pelican Rapids High School. Read more