Summary of Minutes, OTC Board of Commissioners Feb 5Published 9:16am Thursday, March 21, 2013
(First Publication March 22, 2013)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under
Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
February 5, 2013
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners meeting at 9:31 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
3. Approved the proposal of the Otter Tail Country Tourism Association for website design and upgrade, not to exceed $30,000, to be paid from the Otter Tail County General Revenue Fund.
4. Authorized the Chairman’s signature to execute Change Order No. 6 for Project No. 1119, in the amount of $26,155.91, payable to Comstock Construction Inc. of Fergus Falls, MN.
5. Authorized preparation of Bid Documents for the Courthouse Phase 2 remodeling project.
6. Authorized the Chairman’s signature to renew a five year agreement to provide viable connectivity solutions for County offices in Fergus Falls, New York Mills and Ottertail City. Speed to transmit data and interoffice/interPBX VOIP traffic will be increased with the monthly cost of $4,320 payable to Otter Tail Telcom.
7. Approved a CIS Hardware/Software Upgrade including capability for E-Citation at an estimated cost of $272,947.45. The City of Fergus Falls Police Department will pay $125,000, Sheriff’s Office Capital Improvement Fund $23,262.45, 9-1-1 Fund for hardware server $65,706, and the County’s IT Department $58,979.
8. Approved one full time Office Technician position, four AIS Watercraft Inspector positions, and two seasonal Sewage System Inspectors in the Land & Resource Office.
9. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution NO. 2013-15. (Safe Routes to School Project)
10. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution NO. 2013-16. (Safe Routes to School Project)
11. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution NO. 2013-17. (Safe Routes to School Project)
12. Approved out-of-state travel for Rick West, Public Works Director, to attend a NACE Conference in Des Moines, Iowa.
13. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute Ratification of the following agreements between Minnesota Counties Computer Cooperative (MCCC) and Xerox State and Local Solutions, Inc. Otter Tail County is a MCCC participating member. Otter Tail County’s financial obligations for the Tax and CAMA Agreements will be covered by the Recorder’s Department Technology Fund dollars:
Software Service and License Agreement
LRMS CAMA Maintenance and Support
LRMS Property Tax Maintenance and Support
14. Appointed the following individuals to the Absentee Ballot Board for the processing of both regular and UOCACA absentee ballots for the March 12, 2013 Township General Election and for the ISD No. 548’s Special Election:
Julie Greene Dawn Godel
Heather Jacobson Pat Larum
Kirsten Olson Connie Tanner
Leslie Swartz Tracy Williams
15. Recognized that the County owned CARE facility will operate under the State Operated Service Smoke/Tobacco use rules and will not be governed by the County’s Smoke-Free Policy.
16. Approved drafting language that allows smoking in personal vehicles in County parking lots.
17. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Minnesota Department of Health Grant Agreement Amendment (Contract No. 55432) which increases the grant agreement by $25,000 for Lakeland Mental Health Center to a total contract amount of $250,000.
18. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a grant award of $44,000 for work across four counties educating people regarding contaminants of emerging concern.
19. Authorized the Public Health Director to travel out-of-state (Kansas) March 13 and 14 of
2013 for the Four County Robert Wood Johnson Grant project.
20. Authorized replacement for a full time Certified Solid Waste Operator.
21. Accepted the Classification and Compensation Final Report as submitted. refer this to the Personnel Board and Internal Services Committee for implementation recommendations.
22. Appointed Pat Shol of Fergus Falls, MN to the Otter Tail County Planning Commission effective January 1, 2013 for a three year term.
23. Adjourned at 2:47 PM.
Warrants Approved On 2/05/2013 For Payment 2/05/2013
Vendor Name Amount
Alexandria Tech & Comm College $385.43
Anderson Land Surveying Inc $4,285.00
Bluestone Technologies Inc $6,841.68
Cargill Inc $9,811.47
Carr’s Lake Country Supermarket $6.69
CDW Government Inc $599.14
Central Ag Services $189.00
Commissioner Of Transportation $662.51
Conney Safety $71.78
Coopers Technology Group $85.80
Culligan Water Conditioning $10.69
Digital Ally Inc $395.00
Double Tree by Hilton $221.70
Ehlers & Associates Inc $2,000.00
Extreme Marine LLC $230.99
Fargo Electric Construction INC $2,120.00
Fergus Falls/City Of $18,388.87
Foth Infrastructure & Environ LLC $15,788.70
Galls LLC $683.27
Granit Electronice $871.73
H & L Mesabi $36,799.28
Healthcare Environmental Servic Inc $70.20
Hedahls Headquarters $15.14
Highway Technologies $139.80
Hilltop Lumber Inc $39.50
Holo/Gerald A $13.36
Information Systems Corp $229.41
Innovative Office Solutions $1,378.41
Interstate Engineering Inc $54,860.29
J C’s General Store $16.23
Lake Region Healthcare Corp $150.00
Lakes Country Service Co Op $29.50
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service $1,955.00
Lawson Products Inc $393.40
Leaf River Ag Service $46.25
Marco INC $114.09
Marco Inc St Louis $500.67
Mariposa Publishing $68.36
Matthew Bender & Company Inc $94.89
Minnesota Law Review $40.00
MN CO Engineers Assoc $460.00
Mn Sheriffs’ Association $55.00
MN State Auditor $2,120.00
Morey PHD/Eldon L $770.00
NAPA Fergus Falls $101.50
North American Salt Co $15,102.69
Olson Oil Co Inc $79.31
Ottertail Trucking Inc $12,780.00
Pete’s Body Shop & Towing $500.00
Protection Systems Inc $682.19
PSS World Medical INC $345.84
Public Agency Training Council $590.00
Service Food Super Valu $11.07
Sparks’s Sales Llc $702.50
Staples Advantage $370.75
Stearns Co Sheriff $50.00
Uniforms Unlimited INC $376.38
VAN DYKE DVM/TERRENCE $200.00
Victor Lundeen Company $70.39
Visual Gov Solutions LLC $372.10
Waste Management $696.81
WAYNE’S TOOLWAGON $598.50
WCM TASK FORCE $5,000.00
West Payment Center $6,808.38
Final Total: $218,278.55
Publication Date: March 22, 2013.