Hospital honors 6 staff on 40th anniversary [UPDATED]Published 10:04am Thursday, April 25, 2013 Updated 12:10pm Thursday, April 25, 2013
Several Lake Region Healthcare employees were recently honored for their years of service in helping the organization achieve its aim of improving the health of people in our region.
Remarkably, six of those honored were for 40 years of service to the organization. Marcella Otto-Schuetze, Connie Graff, Barbara Neuleib, Maureen McGovern, Maxine Sonstebo and Constance Fronning have each been employed with the health care organization for 40 years.
“Lake Region Healthcare is a great place to be employed,” said Neuleib, a respiratory therapist, who started at LRH in high school as a dietary aide.
Sonstebo, the physical medicine office coordinator, started as an assistant administrative secretary. “The people I work with and have met over the years are the most rewarding part of my career,” said Sonstebo.
Otto-Schuetze, a physical therapist assistant, said that her original plan was to work for LRH for a year, but found she really liked her job and never left.
McGovern, the health information management director, also intended on only staying one year. “I started with four staff members, and I now have 62 in my department,” said McGovern.
Respiratory Therapist Graff has also been with LRH for 40 years said that the only thing that hasn’t changed is the reason LRH continues to exist: taking excellent care of the patients who come through the doors.
“While we honor our employees who have spent so many years with us, it is really our organization, as a whole, that is honored to have such loyal and passionate employees. We are truly grateful to honor our employees for their hard work and dedication,” Larry Schulz, CEO of LRH, said.
A ceremony to honor these employees and others reaching the 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35-year service marks was held April 4, at the Bigwood Event Center in Fergus Falls.
• 10 Years — Darcy Cowing-Frank, Denise Grefe, Monica Hanson, Melissa Marquette, Nicole Walls, Carla Evenson, Jeanne Schetnan, JoDee Loll, Cheri Nettleton, Heidi Schwartz, Kimberly Thunselle, Robert Goerdt, Wade Jyrkas, Melissa Pahl, Diane Swanson and Jamie Steinle. Not Pictured: Alena Deutschlander, Jodi Fullhart, Leslie Gaustad, Judith Hacking, Gretchen Johnson, Penny Klosterman, Amy Neumann, Laura Pearson, Tammy Roers and Janie Rupp.
• 15 years — Connie Hendrickson, Janan Skillingstad, Amy Bergem, Tamitha Mark, James Wick, Konie Ness, Linda Zumwalde, Heather Dirkman, Linda Arnett, Debra Samuelson, Faye Luedtke, Gregory Smith, Deborah Schultz, Christina Saurer, LeAnn Rogness, Paula Barsness. Not Pictured: Bonnie Onken, Tracy Beckman, Jaime Bengtson, Ronald Erickson, Melissa Halvorson, Jennifer Johnson, Angela Kamrath, Susan LeRoy, Lynn Lundquist, Kristi Thunselle and Stacy Wilde.
• 20 Years — Amy Seidel, Machell Lee, Dawn Dulski, Michael Robertson, Rebecca Hensch, Margo Denbrook, Lynette Biittner and Patricia Butcher. Not pictured: Kevin Moore, Rhonda Nelson and Deborah Ness.
• 25 Years — Susan Hansen, M. Emilia Griego, Mardell Hanstad, Jean Class, Rosalind Teberg, Deborah Swenson, Renee Wilson, Stephanie Davis, Karla Wynn, Leigh Gervais, John Gervais and Ken Heidorn.
• 30 Years — Nancy Nubson, Doris Moen, Mary Kassenborg, Rebecca Kvamme and Connie Stigen. Not Pictured: Lisa Grant, Julie Holte and Dean Wasvick.
35 Years — Else Andersen, Elizabeth Hydukovich and Sandra Tripp. Not Pictured: Melinda Dewey, Georgia Lunde and Jeri Ricks.