mail

Archived Story

Owners start fire that damages home [UPDATED]

Published 11:04am Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Updated 11:08am Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What started as a chimney fire Monday caused significant damage to the roof of a Frazee house.

The homeowners started a fire in their free-standing wood stove around 9:30 a.m., which caused the chimney fire, according to a news release from the Otter Tail Country Sheriff’s Office. It was contained to the attic and roof before being extinguished.

The stove had been used throughout the winter and nothing about the fire was suspicious, according to the release. Vergas, Perham and Frazee fire departments responded.

Editor's Picks

‘Freedom’ sculpture to welcome motorists to FF at roundabout

Birds will eventually inhabit the city’s roundabout. Well, birds as part of a sculpture, that is. The Public Arts Commission chose a sculpture called “Freedom” ... Read more

Victim of fatal crash identified [UPDATED]

A Moorhead man was killed in an early-morning crash involving two semi trucks Wednesday on Interstate 94 near Barnesville, according to the Minnesota State Patrol. ... Read more

Charges possible after fight at GOP committee meeting

Charges are pending following a skirmish at a Republican committee meeting last week in Battle Lake, according to Battle Lake Police Chief Kent Kortlever. Police ... Read more

US Courthouse in Fergus Falls renaming ceremony set for Tuesday

The United States District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. General Services Administration will be renaming the Courthouse in Fergus Falls, located ... Read more