Hats are off to all who work with young children [UPDATED]Published 8:56am Friday, April 12, 2013 Updated 10:58am Friday, April 12, 2013
It’s Week of the Young Child April 14-20, and we’re thinking about all the many people in this community who help shape the minds and lives of our youngest citizens every day.
• The parents who work all day, but find time to sit down, read a book and cuddle with their child.
• The care providers and educators who offer children a safe, nurturing place to learn and grow.
• The dentists who are willing to give oral health exams to children as young as one because they understand the importance of early care and detection.
• The school board members who vote to include early learning as an integral part of their school curriculum.
• The police officers who make it their mission to safeguard our little ones.
• The Early Childhood Initiative coordinators who bring all of these people together — and then some — to come up with ways to make your community the best place for your young children to thrive and succeed in school and in life.
• To all of you we say thank you for a job well done. We are proud to be a partner with you.
West Central Initiative