House burns after candled left unattended [UPDATED]Published 9:19am Monday, May 20, 2013 Updated 11:27am Monday, May 20, 2013
A vacant Dent house was a total loss after a fire Saturday morning, according to a news release from the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office.
Three juveniles had a candle burning to provide light in a bedroom while they helped the owner clean the residence, located at 31112 380th St. in Dent.
While the juveniles were in the garage, the homeowner noticed smoke coming from the bedroom where the candle had been left burning. The occupants left the house as the fire grew out of control.
The owner said he had no insurance on the property.
It is believed the property is under foreclosure, but the homeowner was talking with the financial company to get the home out of probate.
The fire is under investigation. Dent, Vergas and Underwood fire crews responded.