AgCountry Farm Credit Services awards scholarships [UPDATED]Published 9:02am Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Updated 11:03am Wednesday, May 22, 2013
AgCountry Farm Credit Services has awarded 24 $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors from northwest and west central Minnesota and eastern North Dakota. Criteria for selection included academic record, vocational promise, financial need, personal attributes and leadership/extra-curricular activities.
Local students receiving scholarships include:
• David Ehlers, son of Mark and Diane Ehlers of Elbow Lake, David graduates from West Central Area Secondary School, Barrett and plans to attend North Dakota State University.
• Julia Holen, daughter of Doug and Kim Holen of Fergus Falls. Julia graduates from Underwood High School and plans to attend Iowa State University.
• Johanna Knorr, daughter of Bradley and Jane Knorr, Pelican Rapids. Johanna graduates from Pelican Rapids High School and plans to attend University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
• Emma Larson, daughter of Chad and Lynn Larson, Rothsay. Emma graduates from Rothsay High School and plans to attend Iowa State University.
• Rebecca Suchy, daughter of Lawrence and Rose Suchy, Parkers Prairie. Rebecca graduates from Parkers Prairie Secondary and plans to attend University of Minnesota Crookston.