Summary of Minutes of the May 14 OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERSPublished 10:36am Tuesday, June 18, 2013
(First Publication June 16, 2013)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under
Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
May 14 2013
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners meeting at 9:30 AM.
2. Amended the May 7, 2013 Board of Commissioners meeting minutes under the Heading entitled “Annual Prometheus M.C. Zoo Run” to add the following language: Discussion took place regarding a loud noise complaint from last year. The Event Planners agreed to be respectful of the level of noise in the early morning hours.
3. Approved payment of the County Board.
4. Reaffirmed Commissioner Lindquist as the County’s representative on the WCRJC Advisory Board with Commissioner Roger Froemming, Probation Director Chuck Kitzman and Administrator Larry Krohn, serving as alternates.
5. Authorized the DWI Court Probation Officer position to increase from twenty-two hours per week to twenty-four hours per week.
6. Proceeded with a Joint Powers Arrangement with Becker, Clay, Wilkin, and Otter Tail counties to provide shared public health services through a Community Health Board under M.S. 145A and 471.59.
7. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Work Release Agreement between the County of Otter Tail and MN Department of Corrections.
8. Authorized a monthly stipend of $50.00 to Dave Boen, Phelps Mill Caretaker, for cost of his phone and internet access which are used for County business.
9. Awarded the County Wide Seal Coat project
to the low bidder, Morris Sealcoat & Trucking, Inc. of Morris, MN in the amount of $1,875,852.72. This motion is contingent upon approval of all other entities involved in the project.
10. Approved implementing the new compensation Plan previously adopted for wages earned effective July 1, 2013 for non-union employees.
11. Approved the Human Services Bills and Claims as presented.
12. Approved 1 Preliminary Plat
13. Approved 6 Conditional Use Permits.
14. Approved modifying 1 Conditional Use Permit.
15. Tabled the decision on 1 Conditional Use Permit.
16. Approved the Chairman’s signature to execute Amendment No. 2 to the Engineering Proposal between the County of Otter Tail and Interstate Engineering, Inc. to correct water issues at the 60 Bed CD Facility at a cost not to exceed $5,000.00.
17. Authorized the Chairman’s signature to execute Change Order No. 9 to Comstock Construction of Fergus Falls, MN in the amount of $63,573.96. Project Description #23 (deferral of masonry restoration and reroofing) in the amount of $15,032.76 was delayed for approval until requested documentation has been received.
18. Authorized the Chairman’s signature to execute Final Payment to Comstock Construction of Fergus Falls, MN, in the amount of $64,085.44 for New York Mills Building Improvements (Project No. 1113).
19. Approved 2 Liquor Licenses.
20. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2013-40. (Premise Permit)
21. Authorized the Chairman’s signature to execute Final Payment to Comstock Construction of Fergus Falls, MN, in the amount of $64,085.44 for New York Mills Building Improvements (Project No. 1113).
22. Approved increasing the 30 day limit on the County issued credit card to Doug Walvatne, County Assessor, from $1,000 to $2,500.
23. Regretfully accept the resignation of Pat Shol, a District 5 representative on the Otter Tail County Planning Commission.
24. Canceled the May 28, 2013 Board of Commission meeting.
25. Adjourned at 12:30 PM.