Holiday events planned, businesses closed July 4thPublished 11:13am Wednesday, July 3, 2013
By Marie Noplos
Residents will have lots of fun things to do around the Fourth of July holiday as Americans celebrate Independence Day.
Independence Day is a federal holiday in the United States which commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain.
• Firework Show, after the ballgame between New York Mills Millers and Bluffton Braves at the New York Mills: Russ Jacobson Field
• Annual Fourth of July Parade, 11 a.m. in Erhard
• Blanche Lake Boat Parade, noon
• Perham Fireworks, 10 p.m. at Kruger Field/Fairgrounds Perham
• Red, White and Blue Parade, 5 p.m. in Ashby
• Fireworks, at dusk at the I-94 Speedway in Fergus Falls
• Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social, 3 to 5 p.m. at the Williams Company Store in Ottertail
• Otter Tail Lake Parade, 1 p.m. from Sheldon’s Car Care to the river
Due to the Independence Day holiday, The Fergus Falls Daily Journal will not publish an edition on Thursday, July 4. The Journal office also will be closed, and will re-open at 8 a.m. Friday. City and county offices will be closed and no mail will be delivered.
Garbage routes picked up on Thursdays is being collected today. Also closed Thursday, will be the Senior Center, the library, the landfill and both liquor stores.