Dilworth resident loses two fingers in fireworks accidentPublished 11:03am Monday, July 8, 2013
A Dilworth man lost two fingers after a firework he was lighting Friday night exploded in his right hand near Vergas, according to the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office.
Jason Holweger, 25, reloaded a two-inch wide cannon-style firework and it exploded while he lit the fuse. Vergas Rescue, Perham Ambulance and sheriff’s deputies responded to the scene at 34561 County Hwy. 4 at 10:22 p.m. Friday.
Life Flight was also requested for additional assistance.