OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, June 11, 2013 MEETINGPublished 8:05am Thursday, July 18, 2013
(First Publication July 8, 2013)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under
Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
June 11, 2013
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners meeting at 8:30 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows:
3. Approved 3 Liquor Licenses.
4. Established voting hours for the Special Election for the referendum vote on the proposed Marion Lake Improvement District from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at the Richville Senior Citizens Center.
5. Authorized the County Auditor’s office to complete IRS 720 for the 2012 PCORI Taxes and to remit the amount of $599.50.
6. Approved either the LG220 Application for Exempt Permit or the LG 240B Application to conduct Excluded Bingo as submitted by the St. James Catholic Church for an event scheduled for Sunday, July 28, 2013 at the St. James Catholic Church in Underwood, MN.
7. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2013-45. (Tax Forfeited Property)
8. Amended the County Employee Safety Committee Mission Statement as presented.
9. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Notification Services Subscription Agreement between the County of Otter Tail and BroadBlast Managed Communication Systems for emergency communications at a cost of $29,550.00.
10. Authorized the Sheriff’ Office to share 911 Equipment with other counties.
11. Authorized Out-of-State travel for a Sheriff’s Deputy to attend Drug Recognition Training.
12. Approved the Project Proposal/Agreement between the County of Otter Tail and North Point Geographic Solutions to create cartographic plat book template creation and training at an approximate cost of $7,800.00.
13. Accepted a $2,000 donation for Phelps Mill Park.
14. Denied the request of Harry & Audrey Hanson for forgiveness of tax penalty, in the amount of $6.60, for Parcel No. R72-000-99-0366-001. County records indicate that the tax statement address was correct.
15. Denied the request of Vining Properties, LLC for forgiveness of tax penalty, in the amount of $296.80, for Parcel No. 83-000-12-0014-002 as the late payment was not due to County error.
16. Awarded the Retaining Wall Repairs over the Otter Tail River (Bridge No. 56526) project on CSAH 3 to Ben Wolden Landscaping of Fergus Falls, MN, in the amount of $18,950.00.
17. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Highway Construction Contract between the County of Otter Tail and Morris Sealcoat and Trucking, Inc. of Morris, MN, for the County Wide Seal Coat project; S.A.P. 056-604-014 & Etc.
18. Authorized Mark Schoening to complete tile repair work in Ditch #18 as presented. Mr. Schoening will be responsible for all costs to complete the project.
19. Authorized Mark Schoening to unplug the tile in Ditch #37 by Underwood that drains out of Bass Lake (North side of Hwy 210). Mr. Schoening will be responsible for all costs to complete the work.
20. Authorized Joe Wagner to clean out a portion of Ditch #45 from 130th Street to Fish Lake. . Mr. Wagner will be responsible to follow any rules that apply relative to the County Land and Resource Office and will be responsible for all costs of the cleanout.
21. Authorized the County Ditch Inspector to complete the ditch cleanout work in Ditch #38 as presented and to give the County Ditch Inspector discretion to allow Mr. Sonnenberg to remove beaver dams or other debris plugging Ditch #38 with his equipment.
22. Authorized the County Ditch Inspector to hire trappers as needed for beaver removal in County Ditch Systems.
23. Requested that Commissioner Lindquist communicate with Otter Tail County’s Boi de Sioux Watershed District representative.
24. Approved 1 Conditional Use Permit.
25. Adjourned at 11:50 AM.
Warrants Approved On 6/11/2013 For Payment 6/11/2013
Vendor Name Amount
A’viands LLC $3,305.40
ABG Maintenance Inc $171.00
Ballard Sanitation Inc $848.00
Bank Of The West $45.62
Battle Lake Auto Parts $71.44
Ben Holzer Unlimited $99.38
Bertelson Toral Office Sol $170.42
Best Buy Business Advantage Acc $6,066.32
Bob’s Standard Bulk Service $132.74
Buy-Mor Parts & Service LLC $64.13
Carr’s Lake Country Supermarket $69.93
CDW Government Inc $3,105.58
Charter Communications $81.61
Citizens Advocate $146.75
Code 4 Services LLC $964.18
College Way Auto Inc $231.52
Coopers Technology Group $65,310.14
Cornell Syverson Post 17 $200.00
Crop Production Services $12,473.77
Dacotah Paper Company $360.85
Dakota Printers LLC $470.74
Dav Chapter 25 $200.00
Evergreen Lawn Care $80.16
Fastenal Company $31.76
Fergus Falls Daily Journal $1,133.80
Fergus Falls/City Of $1,331.86
Fergus Power Pump Inc $10,540.00
Ge Capital (Ca) $398.63
Grainger Inc $120.34
Hawes Septic Tank Pumping $75.00
Healthcare Environmental Servic Inc $35.10
Heart Of The Lakes Post 7702 $200.00
Innovative Office Solutions $1,099.58
Integra Telecom $390.46
Jake’s Johns LLC $270.00
JK Sports $389.96
K.I.D. Leasing INC $303.35
Keeprs Inc $391.97
Kelly Services Inc 1,584.25
Kinetic Leasing INC 902.40
L & O Acres Transport Inc 1,937.11
Lakes Country Service Co Op 29.50
Lakes Radio 281.60
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service 1,450.00
Larry’s Supermarket 162.07
Leaf River Ag Service 280.00
Liberty Tire Recycling LLC 1,372.74
Lil Bob’s Electric 381.04
Little Bear Towing 240.47
M-R Sign Company Inc. 7,269.64
Mapping Solurtions 120.00
Marco INC 15,602.54
MCCC MI 33 75.00
Midwest Printing Co 160.31
Midwestern Mat Rental & Supply Co 79.99
MN Motor Company 211.78
Mn Pollution Control Agency 285.00
More Medical LLC 50.08
Nardini Fire Equipment 1,845.99
Nelson Auto Center 2,073.68
Officemax Incorporated 57.97
Olson Oil Co Inc 1,286.99
Otter Electric LLC 113.50
Otter Tail Co Public Health 725.00
Otter Tail Telcom 462.62
Ottertail Aggregate 168.00
Outdoor Renovations Landsc & Nur 200.00
Overland Mechanical Services 435.34
Parkers Prairie/City Of 260.00
PAW Publications LLC Battle Lake Revi 83.20
Pebble Lake Auto Repair 2,689.35
Pelican Rapids Press 414.37
Perham Focus 833.90
Prarie Lakes Municipal Solid Was 96,770.25
Price Family Construction 332.00
Priority Dispatch 38,463.00
Productive Alternatives Inc 109.61
Protection Systems Inc 336.66
Quill Corporation 41.40
RDO Truck Centers $13.09
RDO Trust #80-6130 $105.52
Ringdahl Ambulance INC $300.00
RMB Environmental Laboratories $488.54
Royal Tire Inc $1,490.34
Schwartz/Robert E $562.17
Scott Hofland Construction Inc $5,375.00
Service Food Super Valu $44.23
Sigelman Steel & Recycling Inc $72.80
Southtown Of Pelican Rapids Inc $36.74
Steins Inc $4,728.34
Swanston Equipment Corp $6,840.00
This Weeks Shopping News $213.52
Titan Machinery Inc $439.30
Uniforms Unlimited INC $317.44
Valley Water Rescue $50.00
Van Dyke DVM/Terrence $150.00
Victor Lundeen Company $2,505.50
Wass/David F $520.21
Waste Management $751.48
Wenck Associates Inc $1,602.00
Widseth Smith Nolting & Assoc $8,379.35
Wilson/Warren R $191.81
World Medical Government Solutions $198.47
Xerox Corporation $200.07
Ziegler Inc $244.50
Final Total: $334,931.38
Publication Date: July 8, 2013.