OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, May 21, 2013 MEETINGPublished 8:03am Thursday, July 18, 2013
(First Publication July 5, 2013)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the County Administrator
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
May 21, 2013
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners meeting at 9:30 AM.
2. Approved the May 14, 2013 Board of Commissioners meeting minutes as presented.
3. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
4. Accepted the resignation of Ken Erickson representing District 2 on the Otter Tail County Planning Commission.
5. Approved an increase from 80% time (32 hours per week) to full time (40 hours per week) for a Public Health position in the Long Term
6. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Supplemental Agreement (000197309) to a Grant Project Agreement between the Otter Tail County CHB and the MN Department of Health to distribute funds for health screening and follow-up services to tuberculosis and foreign born persons.
7. Authorized the Public Health Director to submit an application for training for the Coordinator for Aging to assist the elderly population in navigating the new health insurance exchange website.
8. Authorized out-of-state travel for VSO Charlie Kampa to assist with demobilization events. Expenses are paid by the MN National Guard.
9. Authorized the Sheriff to purchase an Emergency Medical Dispatch program from Priority Dispatch at an approximate cost of $30,000.00 with the expense to be paid out of the E911 funds.
10. Approved two letters of appreciation for the following donations to the Phelps Mill Park.
11. Awarded the Bridge No. 56526 retaining wall project to the low bidder, Nature Garden World of Fergus Falls, MN, in the amount of $8,950.00.
12. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2013-41. (CSAH 50)
13. Approved Otter Tail County Resolution No. 2013-42. (Right of way)
14. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute an agreement between the County of Otter Tail and Braun Intertec of West Fargo, ND for a geotechnical evaluation for proposed Bridge L0944 replacement over the Leaf River in Deer Creek Township.
15. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute an agreement between the County of Otter Tail and JK Engineering for engineering services for roadway lighting at twenty-one rural intersections.
16. authorize the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Highway Construction Contract between the County of Otter Tail and Landwehr Construction, Inc. of St. Cloud, MN, for a culvert replacement on CSAH 15 in the E_ NE_, Section 34 of Western Township, Southwest of Fergus Falls, MN.
17. Approved the “Otter Tail County Classification and Compensation Policies” to be implemented in conjunction with the Compensation Plan beginning July 1, 2013.
18. Authorized the removal and replacement of a culvert at the same size and elevation of the original culvert underneath Sverdrup Township’s Sem Road. (Ditch 21).
19. Authorized Delzer’s Construction to complete repair work in Ditch #37 on a tiled drainage system underneath E Dane Prairie Rd as presented by the County Ditch Inspector.
20. Approved trapping beavers in Ditch #38 as requested by the Ditch Inspector.
21. Approved the Otter Tail County Investment Policy for the Prairie Lakes Municipal Solid Waste Authority as presented.
22. Approved 5 Liquor Licenses.
23. Authorized the County Auditor to sign the Addendum Contract for Arbitrage Monitoring Services for the $19,380,000 General Obligation Waste Disposal Revenue Bonds, Series 2013A.
24. Approved payment, in the amount of $2,885.37, to CDW Government from the Capital Improvement Fund for GIS Computer Equipment.
25. Approved payment, in the amount of $200.00, to Jeanne M. Howell CNM for costs incurred under the provision of Minnesota Statute 609.35.
26. Waived the required 30 day notification prior to the publication of the public hearing notice for the proposed modification of Tax Increment Financing District No. 2-32 in the City of Perham.
27. Denied a request for forgiveness of tax penalty, in the amount of $4.41, from Mike Edman for parcel #71-004-99-0603-000.
28. Adjourned at 12:13 PM.
Warrants Approved On 5/21/2013 For Payment 5/21/2013
Vendor Name Amount
A & S Training $475.00
A-1 Lock & Key $37.00
A’viands LLC $4,185.61
Amerimark Direct $1,555.87
Battle Lake Hardware & Rental $19.38
Bertelson Total Office Solutions $97.72
Beyer Body Shop INC $293.91
Bobcat Of Otter Tail County $478.64
Brandon Communications Inc $450.00
Buy-Mor Parts & Service LLC $117.26
Cargill Inc $69,440.50
CBCInnovis Inc $12.65
Citizens Advocate $153.25
Code 4 Services LLC $4,902.33
Comstock Construction Of Mn $351,463.14
Concept Catering $331.31
Coopers Technology Group $16.32
Culligan of Wadena $30.57
D & V’s Perham Bakery $30.80
Dacotah Paper Company $367.24
Dan’s Towing & Repair $168.86
Denzel’s Region Waste Inc $62.41
Emerson Network Power $1,675.37
Fergus Falls Daily Journal $172.80
Fergus Falls/City Of $3,201.00
Fortwengler Electric Inc $25.33
Foth Infrastructure & Environm LLC $5,756.65
G & K Services $1,247.75
Galls LLC $2,154.67
Godfathers Exterminating Inc $263.13
Hotsy Equipment Of Mn $1,578.47
Karvonen & Son Funeral Home $900.00
Keeprs Inc 76.09
Kelly Services Inc 1,196.72
Knutson Electric Rebuilding 48.09
L & O Acres Transport Inc 7,651.59
Lake Region Healthcare Corp 450.00
Lakes Area Cooperative 303.16
Lakes Country Service Co Op 59.00
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service 2,155.00
Larry’s Supermarket 132.71
Little Bear Towing 224.44
Locators & Supplies Inc 2,012.99
Matthew Bender & Company Inc 2,520.70
MEnD Correctional Care 7,991.67
Midwest Printing Co 208.41
Mills/Sean A 56.64
Minnkota Enviro Services INC 54.00
Mn State Bar Association 414.15
NAPA Of Perham 15.00
National Business Systems Inc 847.64
Newman Painting INC 1,875.00
Northern Safety Technology Inc 228.38
Officemax Incorporated 139.60
One Call Locators Ltd 34.50
Ottertail Bakery 8.67
Ottertail Trucking Inc 20,738.00
Outdoor Renovations Landsc & Nurs 1,550.00
Overhead Door Co Of Fergus Falls 273.16
Overland Insurance Agency 34,439.51
Paw Publ LLC Battle Lake Review 38.10
Pebble Lake Auto Repair 498.55
Pelican Rapids Press 21.00
Pete’s Body Shop & Towing 269.75
Phoenix Supply 372.18
Pierce Jr/Norman 8.91
Powerplan OIB 2,041.04
Premium Waters Inc 14.67
Pro Ag Farmers Co Op $1,549.29
Pro Build Fergus Falls $10.81
Productive Alternatives Inc $66.26
Professional Portable X-Ray INC $600.00
Protection Systems Inc $336.66
Quick’s Napa Auto Parts $21.78
RDO Truck Centers $281.05
Reconrobotics INC $849.82
Renewable Resource Consult LLC $65,585.26
Royal Tire Inc $40.30
RRT Design & Construction $68,845.00
Service Food Super Valu $24.65
Steins Inc $1,969.60
Strand Hardware & Radio Shack $88.58
Thrifty White Pharmacy $2,728.74
Uniforms Unlimited INC $721.43
VFW Post612 $170.00
Victor Lundeen Company $253.77
Wallwork Truck Center $1,619.95
Waste Management $28,132.55
Wenck Associates Inc $13,424.03
West Payment Center $2,425.59
Ziegler Inc $20.78
Final Total: $739,712.57
Publication Date: July 5, 2013.