OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONER, July 9 mtg [UPDATED]Published 11:50am Tuesday, August 27, 2013 Updated 8:31am Wednesday, August 28, 2013
(First Publication August 28, 2013)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
July 9, 2013
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners meeting at 8:30 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
3. Closed to the public for purposes of evaluating the performance of County Administrator, Larry Krohn, pursuant to M.S. Chapter 13D.05 Subd. 3.
4. Authorized the Chairman’s signature to execute Change Orders No.10 and 11 to Comstock Construction of Fergus Falls, MN in the amount of $6,968.27 and $3,817.91 respectively.
5. Approved the Chairman’s signature on the contract with Gast Construction, Fargo ND in the amount of $3,816,640 for Otter Tail County Courthouse Remodeling Phase 2 (Project #1120).
6. Approved the Land and Resource Management Fee Schedule with the update of changing “Conditional Use Permit” to “Conditional Use and/or Interim Use Permit.
7. Approved 3 Human Services Contracts.
8. Approved payment of the Human Services bills and claims as submitted.
9. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Professional Services Agreement for CSAH 82 Right-of-Way with Anderson Land Surveying.
10. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Professional Services Agreement for Eastern Township Bridge, SAP 056-599-061 with Nyberg Surveying.
11. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Professional Services Agreement for CSAH 8 Culvert Hydraulic Study with Kadrmas, Lee & Jackson, Inc. of Moorhead MN.
12. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Professional Services Agreement for Pine Lake Township Bridge, Phase 1a Archaeological Survey with Trefoil.
13. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a Highway Construction Contract between the County of Otter Tail and AAA Striping Service Co., of St. Michael, MN for HSIP Project S.P.088-070-034.
14. Authorized the appropriate County Officials Signatures on Amendment No. 1 to the Joint Powers Agreement for the Administration of the Federal HSIP Safety Grant.
15. Authorized the appropriate County Officials Signatures on the Revised Agreement for County Park Use and Maintenance, Amendment No. 1.
16. Approved the Order for Redetermination of Benefits for County Drainage Ditch #23 as submitted by the County Attorney. This order appoints Richard Bergquist, Dennis Tigges and George Palmer as Ditch Viewers for the redetermination of benefits.
17. Approved the Order for Redetermination of Benefits for County Drainage Ditch #28 as submitted by the County Attorney. This order appoints Tiny Holm, Kevin Brennan and Mike Johnson as Ditch Viewers for the redetermination of benefits.
18. Authorized Ditch Inspector, Kevin Fellbaum to have a small portion of Ditch #21 cleaned out as recommended.
19. Approved 5 Liquor Licenses.
20. Re-appointed Dave Erwin and Robert Young to four year terms as Commissioners on the Otter Tail Water Management District Board.
21. Approved with no waiting period the LG220 Application for Exempt Permit as submitted by the Holy Cross Church for an event scheduled for Sunday, September 8, 2013 at the Holy Cross Church located at 54216 County Highway 148.
22. Denied payment, in the amount of $400.00, to the Red River Basin Commission as requested in a letter dated June 25, 2013.
23. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures on the Quit Claim Deed of Mark H. and Julie V. Bechtel for the property that was sold at auction described as follows: Lot One (1) Block Three (3) Oakview Shores.
24. Approved the Modification to the Hiring Freeze as submitted by the County Administrator.
25. Adopted the Hourly Pay and Accrued Leave Computation Policy as follows. The motion also included that the policy be applied to a pending grievance:
Otter Tail County
Hourly Pay and Accrued Leave Computation Policy
In order to comply with state and federal laws the County needs to transition to hourly pay for non-exempt employees. The County has been paying 1/24 of an expected annual salary each pay period. The new payment procedure will take effect January 1, 2014 for current employees. This will give employees an opportunity to plan for the change. Hourly pay is effective immediately for all newly hired non-exempt employees. Pay checks will reflect actual hours worked for each particular pay period, and will fluctuate.
Each pay period has been assumed to be 87 hours, and the County used hours worked or accrued pay (sick leave or vacation time) to account for the 87 hours. The actual hours varies each month from the assumed 87 hours, sometimes more and sometimes less. Eighty-seven hours of accrued time was used for employees gone for an entire pay period. In the months with fewer hours this resulted in more accrued time used than time taken off, conversely in the longer months less accrued leave was used up than actual hours away from work. It averaged out during the year, but may have affected individuals differently depending on their work schedule.
For the balance of 2013, before the transition to the hourly pay, the County will change the way it accounts for the use of accrued leave. Effective immediately, accrued time will be accounted for based on actual time away from work during the pay period.
26. Adjourned at 11:56 AM.
Warrants Approved On 7/09/2012 For Payment 7/09/2013
Vendor Name Amount
3 D Specialties Inc $787.12
A-1 Lock & Key $198.00
A’viands LLC $4,286.66
Advanced Engraving Inc $2,473.22
American Welding & Gas Inc $2,438.99
Becklund Oil Co $1,979.82
Bluffton Oil Company $2,797.45
Bobcat Of Otter Tail County $6.87
Braun Vending Inc $40.87
Brite Way Window Cleaning Inc $384.75
Buy-Mor Parts & Service LLC $440.91
Call One Inc $996.19
Carr’s Lake Country Supermarket $58.97
CDW Government Inc $390.05
Central Lakes College $2,400.00
Certified Laboratories $704.82
Charter Communications $81.61
Christensen Construction $5,997.50
Civic Research Institute Inc $149.95
Code 4 Services LLC $5,341.59
Commissioner Of Transportation $1,099.70
Coopers Technology Group $41,298.07
Cragun Corporation $1,982.40
Cullen’s Home Center $1,018.61
Culligan Water Conditioning $10.69
Dakota Printers LLC $58.20
Egge Construction Inc $329.53
Eldien/Michelle M $92.66
Election Systems & Software Inc $532.44
F-M Ambulance Service INC $48.00
Fergus Falls School Dist 544 $1,492.50
Fergus Falls/City Of $5,148.00
Fergus Falls/City Of $8,063.54
Fergus Power Pump Inc $1,320.00
Frazee Electric Inc $1,886.51
Galls LLC $435.17
Hitesman & Wold P.A. $84.00
Houston Engineering Inc $3,800.00
Innovative Office Solutions $1,088.77
JK Sports $112.00
John’s Car Care Center $245.82
Jorgenson/Tyler M $126.00
Keeprs Inc $1,807.66
Kelly Services Inc $3,992.15
L & L Fabrication & Steel Co $96.19
L & O Acres Transport Inc $11,498.69
Lake Region Healthcare $750.00
Lake Region Healthcare Corp $725.00
Lakes Country Service Co Op $12,344.07
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service $3,870.00
Larry’s Supermarket $216.68
Lawson Products Inc $525.65
Little Falls Machine Inc $1,391.77
M & I Lockbox MCCC $60.00
M-R Sign Company Inc. $6,467.17
Mapping Solutions $120.00
Marco INC $10,527.03
Marco Inc St Louis $1,294.77
Matthew Bender & Company Inc $663.25
MCCC MI 33 $300.00
Mcmahon Counselin & Consul Srvcs $2,100.00
Mekalson Hydraulics Inc $476.97
Merickel Lumber $35.27
MHSRC RANGE $469.00
Midwestern Mat & Rental Supply Co $79.99
Mn Board Of Water & Soil Resources $500.00
Mn Dept Of Health $100.00
MN Sheriff’s Association $750.00
Northern Engine & Supply INC $176.15
OK Tire of Perham INC $117.50
Otter Electric LLC $974.87
Otter Risers Kiwanis $102.00
Otter Tail Co Treasurer $11,171.34
Ottertail Trucking Inc $21,496.76
Paw Publications LLC Battle Lk Review $93.60
Penrose Oil Company $1,210.40
Perham Focus $352.85
Perham Health $18.00
Phoenix Supply $337.31
Professional Protable X-Ray INC $150.00
Protection Systems Inc $338.57
Quality Overhead LLC $65.00
Quill Corporation $31.66
Rassmuson Schedowski Post 4020 $200.00
Real Vision Software Inc $5,878.12
Ringdahl Ambulance INC $450.00
Rothsay Regional Report $45.00
Royal Tire Inc $21.20
Russell Attorney At Law/Robert L $750.00
Ruttgers Bay Lake Lodge $529.05
Safelite Fulfillment Inc $267.90
Sand Creek Group Ltd/The $2,235.68
Schoeneberger Funeral Home $125.00
Service Food Super Valu $6.88
Signworks Signs & Banners Llc $225.00
Solutions Behavorial Healthcare Inc $1,650.00
Staples Advantage $1,008.01
Stearns Co Sheriff $50.00
Steins Inc $4,569.26
Swanston Equipment Corp $19,487.50
This Weeks Shopping News $188.40
Thompson Reuters-West $3,102.09
TNT Repair INC $1,196.30
Victor Lundeen Company $1,138.01
Waste Management $25,124.47
White Banner Uniform Shop $1,976.99
World Medical Government Solutions $20.14
Final Total: $600,666.35
Publication Date: August 28, 2013.