Perham-Dent School Board moves toward new levy [UPDATED]Published 9:33am Friday, August 30, 2013 Updated 11:34am Friday, August 30, 2013
The School Board voted earlier this month to preliminarily approve a new General Education levy.
The levy could be for up to $300 a student, but the final total has yet to be decided on or approved. If the board opts to put the full levy in place, it would create more than $450,000 annually in new revenue for the school district.
Local taxpayers would be responsible for paying 85 percent of this total, while the state would be responsible for the other 15 percent.