Fall programs for youth start soon [UPDATED]Published 9:10am Friday, September 6, 2013 Updated 11:12am Friday, September 6, 2013
Although summer isn’t officially over yet children are settling into their new school routines and the library is getting ready to start its fall programming for children and teens.
For more information on fall events, please visit the library’s website (ffpubliclibrary.org) or Facebook page. You can always call us (218-739-9387) with any additional questions. Youth events are sponsored by The Friends of the Fergus Falls Public Library.
• Baby and Toddler Storytime: Tuesdays or Wednesdays, Sept. 17 – Dec. 11, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., ages 0 – 2, with caregiver. Help develop your child’s early literacy skills through songs, stories, finger plays, and nursery rhymes. Each session includes interactive playtime and sensory exploration.
• Preschool Storytime: Tuesdays or Wednesdays, Sept.17 – Dec. 11, 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., ages 3 – 5. A variety of stories, songs, puppet shows, games, and other activities will help develop a love of reading in your child.
• Tot Cafe: Thursdays, Sept. 19 – Dec. 12, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., ages 0 -5, with caregiver. It’s playtime at the library. Our meeting room is filled with fun, interactive toys for your children to enjoy. Stay as long, or as little, as you’d like.
• 2nd Saturdays: October – April, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.. Join us the second Saturday of the month for a fabulous, fun-filled family programming. Oct. 12: A Pumpkin Party., Nov. 9: A Seussical Storytime., Dec. 14: A Visit with Santa.
• Youth Chess: Tuesdays (during the school year), 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., children and teens. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Chess mentors will be available to answer questions and offer help. Chess sets are provided.
• Book Bunch: Grades 4th – 8th, Thursdays, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Oct. 24 – Dec. 19. Registration is required. We will be reading “The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg” by Rodman Philbrick. Free book upon completion of the program. Snacks served. Space is limited.
• The Library NINJAS: Grades 6th – 12th, Tuesdays, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Sept. 24, Oct. 8 and 22, Nov. 5 and 19, Dec. 3 and 17. Become a part of our teen advisory group and help make the library a better place for you and your friends.
New members always welcome.
Through the school year the library offers special events for children and families. We are happy to be offering the following special events for the fall:
• Dork Do-Gooder Day: Thursday, Oct. 17, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (no school day). Fans of Rachel Renee Russell’s popular “Dork Diaries” series will want to stop by the library on this special day. Students will have a chance to complete our “Dork Do-Gooder Challenge” and win special prizes.
• Pajama Storytime: I Love Cupcakes. Wednesday, Nov. 13, 7 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.. A special evening storytime sprinkled with sweet stories and fun activities. Children will be able to decorate a cupcake for a bedtime snack. Don’t forget to wear your PJs.
• Family Movie Matinee: Friday, December 27, 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (no school day). We will be showing the sequel to “Despicable Me”. Snacks will be served. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
Print brochures of fall programs are available at the library.
Stay tuned for next week’s article which will feature the fall program information for adults.
Arielle Krohn is the Youth Services Librarian at the Fergus Falls Public Library.