Small garbage can fire extinguished [UPDATED]Published 10:21am Wednesday, September 18, 2013 Updated 12:21pm Wednesday, September 18, 2013
A small fire broke out in a garbage can on a back porch of an apartment in the 300 block of West Lincoln Avenue Tuesday afternoon, according to Fergus Falls police.
The fire broke out at 1:16 p.m. and generated lots of smoke.
Police used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the fire department responded.
The fire caused minimal damage, according to the fire department. There was a little heat damage to the structure but nothing significant.
There were no injuries.