OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS , August 27 mtgPublished 11:47am Tuesday, October 1, 2013
(First Publication September 20, 2013)
Summary of Minutes of the
OTTER TAIL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
(Full Text Available at the Office of the
or at www.co.ottertail.mn.us under Board of Commissioners)
Otter Tail County Government Services Center
August 27, 2013
The Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners:
1. Called to order the Otter Tail County Board of Commissioners meeting at 8:30 AM.
2. Approved payment of the County Board bills as follows.
3. Authorized the appropriate County officials signatures to execute a Grant Agreement between Otter Tail County Public Health and the State of Minnesota DOH for the Health Insurance Exchange (HIE) software with an extended grant expiration date of December 31, 2013.
4. Approved the concept of the Pomme de Terre River Clean Water Partnership project with further research and discussion regarding the details of the process.
5. Approved closing the New York Mills office building to the public at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 8th to conduct employee safety training exercises.
6. Approved 4 Human Services Contracts.
7. Approved the Human Services bills and claims as presented.
8. Approved payment, in the amount of $1,000.00, from the County Ditch fund to Renville County for Otter Tail County’s share of the cost associated with the Ridgewater College Customized Training Income Contract for curriculum and project development for the Ditch Viewer program.
9. Called a special election from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday, July 5, 2014 for the purpose of a referendum vote of all qualified voters and property owners regarding the establishment of the proposed Star Lake Improvement District governed by M.S. 103B.545, Subd. 2. Location is to be determined.
10. Rejected all quotations for the Phelps Mill Exterior Painting and authorize a rebidding process next spring.
11. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute an Agreement between the County of Otter Tail and SRF Consulting Group, Inc. for Professional Services for a proposed recreational trail from Perham to Pelican Rapids.
12. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute an Agreement for Perham to Pelican Rapids Trail Master planning. The Agreement is between the County of Otter Tail and the cities of Perham and Pelican Rapids with an estimated professional cost of $66,383.00.
13. Authorized Commissioners to attend a meeting scheduled for September 5, 2013 at 4:30 p.m., with the Commissioner of Transportation in Morris, MN to discuss the need for increased transportation funding on a state level.
14. Approved the first phase of work for the development of CD 25 Repair Report at an hourly cost not to exceed a total cost of $5,800.00.
15. Approved the Drainage System #70 proposal submitted by Houston Engineering, with a focus to determine the estimated benefits of the ditch based on the proposed improvement during the beginning phase of the engineering process.
16. Authorized the appropriate County Officials’ signatures to execute a General Contract Agreement between R.T. Moore Company, MN, Inc. and the County of Otter Tail for certain labor and materials for constriction at the C.A.R.E. facility, subject to receiving a check from Steen Engineering pursuant to the settlement agreement.
17. Adjourned at 10:55 AM.
Warrants Approved On 8/27/2013 For Payment 8/27/2013
Vendor Name Amount
A-1 Lock & Key $42.72
Auto Value Fergus Falls $181.63
Best Buy Business Adv Acct $1,178.24
Braun Vending Inc $775.00
CDW Government Inc $1,118.38
Certified Auto Repair $42.75
Christensen/Brandon C & Gretta A $500.00
Clean Plus Inc $277.09
College Way Auto Inc $37.66
Coopers Technology Group $1,921.81
CORDES/CRAIG J & DAWN R $2,854.00
Dacotah Paper Company $199.11
Dex East $23.25
Drake DDS/DR Terry A $283.19
Eckhoff/Gary & Joann $928.00
Ellstrom/Lee J $2,448.00
Gabe/Richard B $376.42
Godfathers Exterminating Inc $338.31
Grainger Inc $197.04
Grand View Lodge $404.00
Healthcare Environmental Services Inc $35.10
Interstate Engineering Inc $4,008.00
J.P. Structures INC $1,312,560.72
Jawrorski/Tanya Zerr and Dwight D $1,363.00
JK Sports $195.00
Karvonen & Son Funeral Home $940.00
Keating Trust/William A & Virginia $6,114.00
Kelly Services Inc $2,067.60
Key Government Finance INC $8,788.78
Kinetic Leasing INC $752.40
Koster Moisture Tester INC $432.99
Lake Region Healthcare Corp $625.00
Lake Region Healthcare Corp $273.00
Lakes Area Pest Control LLC $171.00
Larry Ott Inc Truck Service $1,655.00
Liberty Tire Recycling LLC $5,261.04
Little Bear Towing $429.64
M-R Sign Company Inc. $3,315.05
Marco Inc St Louis $1,012.94
Midwest Printing Co $92.98
Minnkota Enviro Services INC $54.00
MN Dept of Labor and Industry $80.00
NAPA Fergus Falls $13.18
New York Mills/City Of $150.00
Nova Fire Protection $300.00
Ottertail Aggregate $3,075.00
Pete’s Amoco $290.70
Pitney Bowes $162.59
Pitney Bowes $1,985.63
Prairie Lakes Co Op $400.00
Precise MRM LLC $719.06
Productive Alternatives Inc $129.87
Riggle/Daniel & Shannon $500.00
Royal Tire Inc $1,314.08
Schwartz/Robert E $277.70
Service Food Super Valu $34.10
Southtown Of Pelican Rapids Inc $16.00
Stave/Douglas & Gina $2,481.00
Steins Inc $2,004.92
Stoel Rives LLP $7,850.25
Tires Plus Total Car Care $932.23
TNT Repair INC $2,927.18
Tranquility Building Services $454.22
Van Dyke DVM/Terrence $350.00
Victor Lundeen Company $394.10
Voss Lighting $41.42
Wass/David F $238.14
Wilson/Warren R $216.67
Ziegler Inc $241.30
Final Total: $1,921,999.46
Publication Date: September 20, 2013.