Jensen named 1 of 10 outstanding Minnesotans [UPDATED]Published 10:29am Monday, December 2, 2013 Updated 12:32pm Monday, December 2, 2013
The Minnesota Jaycees proudly recognizes a select group of young leaders from across the state with the 2013 10 Outstanding Young Minnesotans and Outstanding Young Farmers Awards.
Among those honored will be Dave Jensen, M State in Fergus Falls.
The honorees will be recognized at a special awards celebration Saturday, Dec. 7, at the Park Plaza Hotel in Bloomington, Minnesota.
“These young Minnesotans are examples of the importance of community service in developing leadership skills and living
proof of our belief that service to humanity is the best work of life,” said Kris Wilke, President of the Minnesota Jaycees. “This group exemplifies the core values of the Minnesota Jaycees which include developing leadership skills, entrepreneurship, advocacy for issues important for Minnesota, and service to their community.”
Started in 1950, the 10 Outstanding Young Minnesotans program is Minnesota’s only statewide recognition program for outstanding young leaders between the ages of 18-40 who have devoted themselves to improving their community.
The program acknowledges the efforts and accomplishments of young adults who have contributed to our state through their service, thought and influence, community involvement, or entrepreneurship.
10 Outstanding Young Minnesotans Honorees:
• Danielle Enberg – Children’s Cancer Research Official Spokesperson; Monticello
• Steve Rogers – Anchor Plastics, Inc.; Golden Valley
• Eric Dykstra – The Crossing Church; Elk River
• Mike Schultz – Biodapt, Inc; St. Cloud
• Nicholas Goers- Do Some Good!; Inver Grove Heights
• Lauren Beach –Bisexual Organizing Project; Minneapolis
• David Jensen – Minnesota State Community & Technical College – Fergus Falls; Fergus Falls
• Ben Cooney – EDIT; Minneapolis
• Richard Carlbom- Minnesotans United For All Families; St. Paul
• Woody Sankey – Simply Outdoor Experiences; St. Cloud