Dent house damaged in chimney fire [UPDATED]Published 10:34am Thursday, December 26, 2013 Updated 12:34pm Thursday, December 26, 2013
A Christmas-Day chimney fire resulted in extensive damage to a Dent residence, according to a news release from the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office.
A person knocked on the 27-year-old homeowner’s door in the 42100 block of County Hwy. 35 at about 12:30 p.m. to tell him the roof was on fire. The blaze appeared to have started from a chimney fire which spread to the attic space.
There were no injuries. The homeowner is staying with relatives.
Dent, Vergas and Perham fire departments responded to the scene.