ATV starts garage firePublished 11:39am Thursday, January 2, 2014
A garage and residence in Ottertail burned after a four-wheeler started on fire Tuesday, according to a news release from the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office.
The homeowner was in the garage repairing a four-wheeler in an attached garage in the 100 block of Lynn Road at about 6 p.m. When he tried to start it, the vehicle caught fire, which spread to the garage and part of the house.
All of the occupants made it out safely.
Ottertail and Henning fire departments responded and extinguished the blaze.
The extent of the damage was not known by the sheriff’s office Thursday morning.