Habitat hosts soup fundraiserPublished 7:58am Monday, March 10, 2014
The local chapter of Habitat for Humanity is sponsoring a soup fundraiser to benefit this year’s housing project from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 15, at Church of Peace United Methodist Church in Fergus Falls.
The idea is to have surrounding churches make a large pot of soup of choice to enter the soup tasting competition.
The winning circle of this contest will be featured on the front cover of a compiled soup recipe booklet.
Churches may purchase additional booklets if you choose to, to sell at your church.
Plus there will be a brick engraved with the winning circle’s name to be placed in the cement driveway of the new home built in 2014.
• Make soup in an electric pot. Include a 10-foot extension cord for convenience.
• Have a recipe card to place by the soup pot with the recipe and your Circle information on it.
• Have your entry in by 10 a.m. for judging by local chefs.
• Invite all church members by way of your church bulletin to come and partake in the fun event.
• Habitat will provide, bread, crackers and coffee.
• Free will donation at the door, or suggest $5 per person at the door.
• Door prizes, raffle board, original art auction, live entertainment pending.
Churches should RSVP to Cookie Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-218-770-7743 / 218-736-2905