Details for Summons - Anderson Estate
(First Publication Date:
June 27, 2020)
STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF OTTER TAIL
IN DISTRICT COURT
Case Number: 56-CV-20-1421
Case Type: Quiet Title
Verna O. Anderson, Decedent, and Orris Anderson , Personal Representative of the Estate of Verna O. Anderson,
Helen M. Petterson, and the unknown heirs of Helen M. Petterson, deceased; Viola L. Behsends, and the unknown heirs of Viola L Behsends, deceased; Norma S McCoy, and the unknown heirs of Norma S McCoy, deceased; Wyonne S Adamson, and the unknown heirs of Wyonne S. Adamson, deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right title, estate, interest, or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein.
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECT TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1.YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff(s) has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff's Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITH 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Rolf H. Nycklemoe
Attorney at Law
106 East Washington Avenue
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff's Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Otter Tail County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lots 7 and 8, Block 12, C.J. Wright's First Addition to Fergus Falls, Minnesota, according to the certified plat thereof, on file and of record in the office of the County Recorder of Otter Tail County, Minnesota; together with all hereditaments and appurtenances belonging thereto.
The object of this action is to obtain a judgment that Plaintiff is the owner, in fee simple, of the above-described real property, and that none of the said Defendants have any estate or interest therein or lien thereon.
That no personal claim is made by Plaintiff against any of the Defendants.
Dated this 15th day of June, 2020
NYCKLEMOE & ELLIG, P.A.
By Rolf H. Nycklemoe
Atty. Regis. No. 230741
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
106 East Washington Avenue
Fergus Falls, Minnesota 56537
Attorney for Plaintiff
Publication Dates: June 27, 4, & 11, 2020