It’s not a party without a fungi!! Stuffed mushrooms for a party.
Dare I say it … Holiday parties are coming! Are you ready?
Every so often when going to a gathering or party I find myself in a rut. I’m either asked to bring the same thing or I gravitate to the same couple of recipes or heaven forbid, I even buy the appetizers at the store. (If I have, I will never say!)
I love mushrooms so anytime I get mushrooms in a meal or for an appetizer, I’m excited. These mushrooms are easy and can be made the day of the party or if needed, the day before and then reheated before serving. I like them the best when they are hot out of the oven.
• 2 pounds of mushrooms
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
• ¾ cup dry bread crumbs.
• ½ cup grated onion.
• 2 gloves of garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons minced parsley.
• 1 teaspoon salt.
• ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
• ½ teaspoon oregano.
• ¾ cup olive oil.
• Buy medium, even sized mushrooms.
• Wash, do not peel.
• Remove stem, chop stems, then set aside.
• Mix cheese, mushroom stems, bread crumbs, onions, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and oregano.
• Stuff mushroom caps.
• Pour a little of the olive oil into a baking pan.
• Arrange the mushrooms in baking pan. I prefer not to crowd my mushrooms, I feel they bake and brown better.
• Pour remaining olive oil over the mushroom.
• Bake in 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.
• Serve warm.
Remember, in a pinch these can be made the day before and reheated!
They are a party hit, except for people who don’t like mushrooms. If these people are at your party, ignore them, the mushrooms are awesome.