The Fergus Falls 544 Education Foundation awarded almost $46,000 in grants to the Fergus Falls School District at its Oct. 10 board meeting. The grants awarded are as follows:
• $239.96 for two classroom sets of Legos at Adams Elementary School.
• $299.70 for 30 seat sacks for a third-grade classroom.
• $327.06 for six stools (active seating) for a third-grade classroom.
• $480 for 12 ukuleles for the music class at the Area Learning Center.
• $482.08 for scoop chairs, wobble stools and wobble cushions (active seating) for a second-grade classroom.
• $500 for a podium for the auditorium at Kennedy Secondary School.
• $500 for parts for a supermileage car.
• $557.96 for sensory tools for a self-contained emotional and behavioral disorder (EBD) classroom.
• $650 for two iPads and cases for one third-grade classroom.
• $650 for two iPads and cases for another third-grade classroom.
• $671.80 for 15 adjustable stools (active seating) at Kennedy Secondary School.
• $675.88 for books for a second-grade classroom library.
• $685 for owl pellets for the fourth-grade Prairie science classes (PSC).
• $617.25 for 15 snare drum pads for the middle school band program.
• $877.74 for phonics readers and books for a first-grade classroom.
• $1107 for a trombone and instrument repair money for the middle school band program.
• $1453 for audio/visual equipment for the Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) Parent Education Program.
• $1560 for six Chromebooks for the “English as a Second Language” (ESL) program.
• $1750 for choral dresses for the choir department.
• $2116.80 for five bass bars for the music classes at McKinley Elementary School.
• $3120 for six iPads and four OSMO sets for a first-grade classroom.
• $3680 for 20 Chromebooks for the PSC students at Kennedy Secondary School.
• $6735.60 for coding and engineering materials for the Cleveland STEAM Team (an after-school program similar to what is being offered at Adams Elementary School).
• $7056 for 34 Chromebooks for high school science classes at Kennedy Secondary School.
• $9179 for weight room upgrades at Kennedy Secondary School.
Grand total – $45,971.83
If you have any questions or would like more information about any of the grants, please contact Mindy Fuder at 218-998-0544, ext. 9206. For a complete listing of grants awarded since 2000, please visit 544foundation.org.
Interested in supporting the 544 Education Foundation? You can become a member for as little as $25. All new members will receive a free gift. More members equal more grants funded. Checks can be sent to:
544 Education Foundation
518 Friberg Avenue
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Online donations can also be made by going to 544foundation.org.