Question: I was wondering if I bought my tabs for 2022 now as I am a snowbird and will be out of state when they are due, can I display them now before I leave?

Answer: A person can purchase tabs (registration) for passenger class vehicles as soon as the Driver and Vehicle Services offices have them available. Once you purchase the registration you will need to get those put on and displayed on the license plate.

If you have any questions concerning traffic related laws or issues in Minnesota, send your questions to Trooper Jesse Grabow – Minnesota State Patrol at 1000 Highway 10 West, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501-2205. (You can follow him on Twitter @MSPPIO_NW or reach him at,

Better than a comments section

Discuss the news on NABUR,
a place to have local conversations

The Neighborhood Alliance for Better Understanding and Respect
A site just for our local community
Focused on facts, not misinformation
Free for everyone

Join the community
What's NABUR?